• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oriental music

SageRose

Just to be clear, I mean the general oriental culture and music, NOT just the 'belly dance' part. People often think that oriental is a term refering only to belly dances. No, oriental is the term generally refering to all cultures belonging in the East, from Asia Minor to China.

I personally love all oriental music from all countries of the East but I have an extra soft spot for Iranian, Asia Minor, Syrian and Arabic music. Maybe it's also because I have a soft spot for the Middle East in general or because its music is just majestic anyway xp

Here's the current Arabic piece of oriental music (mostly for belly dance but for general use as well) I'm addicted to:

Please share any oriental music pieces that you love :)

Just to be clear, I mean the general oriental culture and music, NOT just the 'belly dance' part. People often think that oriental is a term refering only to belly dances. No, oriental is the term generally refering to all cultures belonging in the East, from Asia Minor to China.

I personally love all oriental music from all countries of the East but I have an extra soft spot for Iranian, Asia Minor, Syrian and Arabic music. Maybe it's also because I have a soft spot for the Middle East in general or because its music is just majestic anyway xp

Here's the current Arabic piece of oriental music (mostly for belly dance but for general use as well) I'm addicted to:

Please share any oriental music pieces that you love :)
My wife is Turkish and I have spent a good deal of time there. Can't say much for the newer stuff, but I do like the traditional instrumental music, much of which is based on Arabic music. Very different from western music. It is generally in three parts. The melody is usually played fairly rapidly, with quick notes. The counterpoint is usually played with longer notes, but just as rapidly. The third part is the rhythm, usually a drum. It is not plated as a simple beat, as in western music, but is an integral part of it. This is all illustrated in the music you loaded onto your post.

New Threads

Top Bottom