• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ordinalis

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
A thread for true information in the study of science.

Two things first.

May I please have the explanation of the order of operations for algebra?

Also there is a_____ for the classification of living things. It includes "phylum", "genus", "family", specie, etc

Here is one for free

Mother Very Easily Made A Jam Sandwich Using No Peanuts [*,*?]
It's for the order of the Planets in the Celestial Sphere.

Also vocabulary for topics like astronomy, physics, material science, and whatever other category you are fond of. Like this:

Strength

Toughness

Modulus of elasticity

Melting temp

Hardness

Ductility

Mass

Density

Can you define one of those terms? Or a few of them?

Last edited:
Can you define inertia? How about gravity? Velocity? Delta V? Weight and Mass?

A thread for this sort of knowledge seems uneconomical. Why not just go to Wikipedia when you want to know trivia like this?

Pythagorean Hyalozics
Black Matter
Black Holes
Worm Holes
Multiverses
String theory
Photons
Particles
Elements
Atoms
Quantum physics
Space sciences

I love diagramming sentences. I am a homeschool teacher, and an aspie. By breaking down a sentence into its basic parts, you can better understand the subtle nuances of what the writer is trying to say.

What you're essentially doing, is identifying who or what the subject of the sentence is, and what they did. Subject/Verb. And then you diagram off of that basic statement, any other pertinent information.
iu
iu

Last edited:
Order Of Operations For Algebra: PEMDAS

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally

Parentheses Exponents Multiply Divide Add Subtract

In that order, always. Left to right, always.

Here is an example I just made up:

1(5*3^2)/5+10
1(5*9)/5+10
1(45)/5+10
45/5+10
9+10
=19

Moh's Scale of Hardness

If you are outside and you find an interesting mineral, you can make a basic identification using Moh's Scale of Hardness.

It separates minerals based on what force it would take to make a visible scratch on the rock.

The four forces it uses are Fingernail, Penny, Pocket Knife, or Hard Steel (like a drill bit).

If it can be scratched with your fingernail, you know it's one of the very soft minerals, and if even a drill bit won't scratch it, you know you're working with something much denser and harder.

It won't give a definitive identification, but it's a good start.

iu

New Threads

Top Bottom