• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Only in my early-mid 20s and have a bunch of gray hairs?

Coupe

I first noticed this around the summer of 2013...back then it was just one gray hair, but several years later, I have a bunch of them all over my head. I don't mind at all; I actually think several strands of gray/silver/white hair against blonde/black/brunette/any hair color is a nice look, and I like it as an indication that I'm physically aging, since I look younger than my chronological age.

My mom says that when my dad was my age, he started "graying," too. Is this just a thing that happens or is there some kind of underlying medical condition present, or something? What do you think?

Mid to late 20s is certainly when make hair starts to hit its peak growth. And when any hereditary things will start.

I have the same bald spot @ my cowlick on my top/back leftish center my mother's father had. He died with an otherwise full head of hair, so I can live with it.

I have the same high hairline he had as well.

Prolonged stress can cause early graying. But it can also be normal if ones father/grandfather had it occur at the same time.

I got my first grey hair at around 16 as did my brother. It's our dads fault :) he started to go grey at around 18. His went grey really quickly though when his father unexpectedly died he was completely grey within a year. Where as me and my siblings all have the few sporadic grey hairs. I would guess I have maybe 40 or 50 on my entire head.

My older Brother is 42 (43 in June this year) and went grey in his 20s, probably the stress of having a younger Brother like me :D

Try some dietary research. I think certain dietary issues can contribute. As for me, I would say I'm about 40% gray. It's much more noticeable if I let my hair grow out. (you really know you are aging when the southern meadow starts graying too!)

My aunt started graying when she was 19 or so, but she has always been in good health. It may be annoying, but premature grays are usually benign.

My dad started going grey at 18, completely grey by 30, but he still has all his hair at 75, says he'd rather go grey early than bald! His dad was the same, seems to just be genetics as they both were/are otherwise very healthy. I'm very glad that neither myself nor my sister seem to have inherited those genetics!

One of my sons has always had white hairs, even as a baby, with him it is possibly a genetic condition as he has other markers, a congenitally missing tooth and lack of teeth enamel, blueish whites of the eyes and hypermobility in some joints, and stretchy skin. He has never been tested though as none of these things cause him to not be able to lead a normal life.

I have always had thick black hairs mixed in with my normal fine, reddish brown hair and in 2009 these started to all come through, as white, same texture, same places but white. Now I no longer have any black hairs, just my normal hair colour and the white ones

I have always had thick black hairs mixed in with my normal fine, reddish brown hair and in 2009 these started to all come through, as white, same texture, same places but white. Now I no longer have any black hairs, just my normal hair colour and the white ones

Perhaps you are a chimera. Sometimes an individual has a mixture of cells from two different zygotes, or their cells experienced a mution early in development resulting in two different germ lines. Usually chimerism goes unnoticed, but it can manifest as different forms of heterochromia. In more exceptional cases the condition can lead to disorders of sexual development or confusing DNA evidence in court cases.

• Wikipedia said:
    [*]The Dutch sprinter Foekje Dillema was expelled from the 1950 national team after she refused a mandatory sex test in July 1950; later investigations revealed a Y-chromosome in her body cells, and the analysis showed that she probably was a 46,XX/46,XY mosaic female.[14]
    [*]In 1953 a human chimera was reported in the British Medical Journal. A woman was found to have blood containing two different blood types. Apparently this resulted from her twin brother's cells living in her body.[15] More recently, a study found that such blood group chimerism is not rare.[16]
    [*]Another report of a human chimera was published in 1998, where a male human had some partially developed female organs due to chimerism. He had been conceived by in-vitro fertilization.[3]
    [*]In 2002, Lydia Fairchild was denied public assistance in Washington state when DNA evidence showed that she was not related to her children. A lawyer for the prosecution heard of a human chimera in New England, Karen Keegan, and suggested the possibility to the defense, who were able to show that Fairchild, too, was a chimera with two sets of DNA.[17]

New Threads

Top Bottom