• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online Tests

I think so, as long as it's not some Buzzfeed quiz. The RAADS-R test is something my clinic sent me to take to support my official diagnosis and the exact version is online. I was impatient to wait a month, so I just scored it online. I've taken a few other tests such as the ones in my signature, and they are all pretty consistent.

I think so, as long as it's not some Buzzfeed quiz. The RAADS-R test is something my clinic sent me to take to support my official diagnosis and the exact version is online. I was impatient to wait a month, so I just scored it online. I've taken a few other tests such as the ones in my signature, and they are all pretty consistent.

Thankyou, do you have a link or know where I could find it?

How annoying... Some of the questions I can only sometimes relate to but theres no option for that -_-

I know, and I think that's a common complaint from a few threads I've read. Most questions I had definite answers, but there were a few that were not as clear cut.

I know, and I think that's a common complaint from a few threads I've read. Most questions I had definite answers, but there were a few that were not as clear cut.

Well that one scored 146.0... If thats a proper clinical test then maybe I should go and see the Dr, see what they have to say x

i think the problem with online tests is they tend to focus on personality traits rather than autism traits specifically-so technically anyone could end up relating to them.

if the aspie quiz is still going that one was probably the best of the bunch apart from the childbrain.com test: http://www.childbrain.com/pddassess.html which is technically for a parent scoring a child but it can relate to adult autistics to who still have or who had those traits,its always been my favourite test as its so accurate for me even as a adult.

i think proper online tests are a good start and can be helpful printed off for the doctor when you go and ask for a assessment.
i dont think the EQ test is any good as it can apply to anyone and its very small which doesnt give a good insight.

Yeah, I concur with others. I'd only use them to decide whether to take this any further. It is said that a lot of people who think they have autism don't actually have it - although they can seem similar. It's really only an experienced doctor - who also has seen a lot of girls with autism - who can really tell the difference.

Another test you can do is the Autism Quotient, or AQ, that's been found to be pretty accurate. And the Systemising Quotient too, autistic individuals are found to score higher than allistic individuals.

I think the Autism Quotient test does a decent job separating personality vs autistic traits. My husband and I are very similar. We're both quiet, reserved people with few friends. I thought he might be on the spectrum too, but he scored a 6 out of 50. I'm a 42. I was so surprised that we went through every question together and I found that while we appear to be similar, we have different reasons for why they're so. I feel a barrier and want to be social while he doesn't really need the social stimulation. I'm his best friend. Of course, AS isn't just social issues. My husband doesn't share my coordination problems, sensory issues, inappropriate comments, he can read people, he doesn't experience meltdowns and shutdowns, he understands social etiquette, and he loves to use idioms which drive me crazy, so there's that too. I told him I would've scored him differently and he looks at me and says, 'Yeah, how YOU would score ME." Good point.

AQ -30
EQ - 33
RDOS - ND - 127/200 NT - 88/200
RAADS-R - 146.0

These are all the tests and results I have.

I have social problems - people tend to not like me instantly, for reasons I can't fathom. I dislike large groups of people alot, it makes me anxious and uncomfortable. I'm not one for small talk. Eye contact makes me uncomfortable.

I experience what others call tantrums when I'm extremely stressed - screeching, hairpulling, scratching, sobbing, rocking.

Noisiness makes me anxious and makes my head hurt - banging, crashing, clanging, lots of talking, screaming, they all really really agitate me.

I prefer my own company the vast majority of the time.

I don't know - it could be everything or nothing, I've just started looking at myself a little deeper.

AQ -30
EQ - 33
RAADS-R - 146.0

I have social problems - people tend to not like me instantly, for reasons I can't fathom. I dislike large groups of people alot, it makes me anxious and uncomfortable. I'm not one for small talk. Eye contact makes me uncomfortable.

I experience what others call tantrums when I'm extremely stressed - screeching, hairpulling, scratching, sobbing, rocking.

Noisiness makes me anxious and makes my head hurt - banging, crashing, clanging, lots of talking, screaming, they all really really agitate me.

I prefer my own company the vast majority of the time.

I don't know - it could be everything or nothing, I've just started looking at myself a little deeper.

Definitely enough there to make it worth exploring the possibility.

AQ -30
EQ - 33
RAADS-R - 146.0

Same similar ball park as my own scores then. I think it's warranted for further enquiries. Remember though doctors will want to know about your early development, not so much on how you are currently. Autism is a neurobiological development condition, not a learnt or acquired condition like Schizoid Personality Disorder. They'll want to know if you spoke on time (single words around 2, sentences by 4), other conditions you've been diagnosed with especially anxiety and depression and if there are family members on the autism spectrum, if you were bullied at school and how you've been able to function for daily living, problems with homework at school, ability to consistently wash and care for yourself.

Same similar ball park as my own scores then. I think it's warranted for further enquiries. Remember though doctors will want to know about your early development, not so much on how you are currently. Autism is a neurobiological development condition, not a learnt or acquired condition like Schizoid Personality Disorder. They'll want to know if you spoke on time (single words around 2, sentences by 4), other conditions you've been diagnosed with especially anxiety and depression and if there are family members on the autism spectrum, if you were bullied at school and how you've been able to function for daily living, problems with homework at school, ability to consistently wash and care for yourself.

I guess I'll have to talk to my mum about the early development stuff, I'm not sure on that.

The rest I can tell them myself.

Thankyou :)

I guess I'll have to talk to my mum about the early development stuff, I'm not sure on that.

The rest I can tell them myself.

Thankyou :)

I had to piece together conversations I had with my mother shortly before she died. Things like I didn't speak in complete sentences...hardly spoke at all until I was around four. And that I could play for hours entirely by myself.

Yeah. That's the sort of thing to look for.

I would say not accurate for diagnosis, but helpful in pointing out where there may be a problem.

I took two prior to deciding to get assessed, both showed up quite positive. My partner took them as well, she scored almost directly opposite me.

I go back and take them once in a while and find the scores fluctuate, have not yet determined a pattern that might suggest causes for that up and down.

I typically score around 140 to 145/200 Aspie, about 180 raads., 38 to 40 AQ.

I know I would have scored differently ten years ago than now. (adaptation?) Any thoughts? Also, I see no need to get an official dx. Could hurt me (dunno how the FAA feels about a mental dx). I feel I'm doing ok with self-reflection and study. My job forces me to interact (forces me out of my comfort zone). I find it helps a lot and I actively seek to step out of my comfort zone. I've been wondering about the signature people post... I never found a link, etc, to it.

New Threads

Top Bottom