• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Online Dating

Blue

I'm in a small town that has twice the amount of men as women so it's really hard to meet women. I tried match.com and never in 6 months got a reply from someone in my city (only other cities). It sucks here. Then I didn't qualify for their match guarantee offer that should have given me 6 more months free because they had guidelines that only appeared as a pop up and I didn't know to scroll my mouse over them. Seriously AVOID MATCH.COM IT'S A RIP OFF!!!

So I unsubscribed. Now I'm looking at 'It's Just Lunch'. Does anyone have experience with that? What worries me is I can't find a price on their website. I'm reeeeally desperate.

It's similar here being in a small area. I lost track of how many local members I've unintentionally seen in real life, either at the park, at their jobs, in the newspaper, on TV commercials, people I went to school with, even family members.

I've tried many sites over the years, but the best one for me was POF. It's free to send and receive messages, and seems to have the highest number of members in any given area. Sometimes it would crap out during busy times, but it's free so you're not out any money.

Is there some branch of online dating for platonic friends? I would be interested in that

Theoretically, yes.
I am not promoting these.
I have not used these sites.

According to the news story, and according to the sites themselves,
there are places which are for friendship only. They say they actively
discourage inappropriate messages. [Those that are romance or
sex based]

No Romance: These Apps Want to Find You a Best Friend
Patook - the strictly platonic friend-making app.
FriendMatch: A place to meet new friends

Above are results from a simple search using the words "platonic friendship site."

What are your hobbies? Depending on what they are that may be an option such as meeting someone while playing online video games or maybe if you participate in a forum of your hobby.

Also, does the other person need to pick in your same city? OrOare thetother cities a commutable distance? Or would you try a long distance relationship? Or would you consider (& be able to) move?

It's similar here being in a small area. I lost track of how many local members I've unintentionally seen in real life, either at the park, at their jobs, in the newspaper, on TV commercials, people I went to school with, even family members.

I've tried many sites over the years, but the best one for me was POF. It's free to send and receive messages, and seems to have the highest number of members in any given area. Sometimes it would crap out during busy times, but it's free so you're not out any money.
What's POF?

I'm really depressed. It seems like no matter how hard I try nothing ever gets better. I tried for 6 months and didn't even talk to anyone. I sent out message and tried to connect with people from meetups. Nothing worked.
I can't move because I'm taking care of my mom who has stage 4 cancer.

New Threads

Top Bottom