• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

OMG Success!

WereBear

License to Weird
V.I.P Member
AnnouncingnumberoneCatTraining.png

Happy Dance! I just put it up a couple of days ago, and my fans have already made it #1 on Hot New Releases.

The Way of Cats; the cat care, training, and affection system

Revamp of my life, ten years in the making, and I didn't even know what a lifeline it would be until last year, when I realized I was Aspie.

I am hanging on tight because I am hoping for a heck of a ride :D

It is a very hopeful sign that the Complete Life Revamp(tm) I embarked upon as the reality of my diagnosis sank in... just might work :D

Congratulations.

As a quick aside, that sick cat we discussed is doing much better. No pancreatitis attacks for months now, more energy and playfulness. Overall, a very happy and content cat. All canned food with high real meat content. Thanks again for the advice

Hearty Congratulations! Please let me know when you open your consulting practice. I will be your first customer. :)

Hearty Congratulations! Please let me know when you open your consulting practice. I will be your first customer. :)

Thanks! When you are ready, I am:

Way of Cats Consultations

This is all part of my business plan. I do have an area of expertise that no one wants to hire me for: cat advice. So we are doing consultations, books, and herbal cat products.

This was, I see now, part Temple Grandin (an empathic understanding of animals) and part Joseph Campbell (follow your bliss, and I do love cats.) Because I don’t know how much longer I can manage office work, and retirement is just around the corner, except I don’t have a pension; and other 21st century American dilemmas.

My husband and I decided that if we have to keep working, we might as well do something we like :)

Oh, wow. Since this has been promoted to Featured (thank you, Autism Forums folks) I'll pay back a little to outline how I got here:

One of my special passions is cats, and I came to them as an adult. My first husband was a fan. This let me "see them clearly" because I didn't have to get past misconceptions and myths. I started rescuing them, too. By the time he suddenly died and I had to start my life over, giving up the cat shelter was tough. I wound up only able to keep two; the shyest and oldest two. The rest found new homes.

Then my friends urged me to use my prior years of expertise to write a book about all my cat advice. This was a great way of pulling together all kinds of information in my brain. I systematized all this stuff I didn't know I knew. But publishing was at a real low, where it still is: they want you to already be a celebrity, then write the book, and you publicize it, and they collect most of the money.

I decided if it was all going to be on me anyway, I'd just start a blog and see if people liked my cat advice. And they did! Years of health struggles finally started resolving with my Asperger's diagnosis, which soon became official. I realized I would have to have a new approach to my "career" and making a living. My husband and I dipped into our resources (scant, but at least we have some) to let us expand our living space, get some commercial space to make products in, and make a business of this.

It was incredibly helpful to take a low-cost business class which helped us figure out what we were doing right (building a fan base) and doing wrong (not spending any money on marketing.) This early success is so encouraging.

It helps that he is a (retired on disability) art director and I have an IT background. But this is getting easier and easier, and we can form alliances with others who want to get their passions out there. Pool talent, commit to a long arc (this was ten years in the making,) and we can find a path of our own.

There's never been a better time in history to do so.

VERY exciting news!!!! I wish you continued and ever increasing levels of success AND mostly JOY in the process...

New Threads

Top Bottom