• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old games that have potential for a remake.

maycontainthunder

May also contain missing cakes.
V.I.P Member
To qualify here the game needs to be twenty years old or older with no previous remakes.

My first two choices are the original Quake from 1996. This done right has huge potential. As it isn't a PG13 game I can't post a video of the gameplay.

And something I played (badly) as a child; Black Lamp. Given that platform games have a following there is potential here.

Any others you think have potential?

I was a world class Pole Position arcade player.
The graphics were weak at best, but I loved to play it.
(it's a gearhead thing)
A new version with better graphics might be fun.
When I finally got good at it, my mission was to find as many machines in the Pittsburgh area as I could just to place my name in the #1 slot.

It took a little while to learn how to gain the pole position, but up until that time I figured out how to pass the field by driving right up the center.
Turn one was where most players crashed, but I learned how to beat it at wide open throttle.
For the longest time, I always got the extended play and would fall short of the finish line by 1-2 seconds.
One day I was fairly certain that I would complete the race because I was even faster than ever that day.
As I approached the finish line with time to spare, my car slowed down to a crawl.
Whaaat?
Then it happened, the confetti, the race girls and all that good stuff :D

Mountain King on the 2600.

This:

The idea is to get the crown to the flame at the top. After first scouring the mountain for gold, and using audio cues and your flashlight thing to find the hidden spirit thingie that gets you into the throne area. Then the music starts and you have like 5 panic attacks as you try to rush to the top before the crown pops or is stolen by bats.

There wasnt anything else like it back then. Not on the 2600 anyway.

Nobody is going to remake this one, so odd though it may sound, I actually decided to just do it myself. If you want something done right...

Gonna be my first solo attempt at game development but I'm confident I can pull it off. I'll keep it looking rather similar as I'm a huge fan of that retro aesthetic but I'll add some horror-ish bits on top of it. Why? Anyone who has played it knows why.

Lemmings from 1991 :) Herding lemmings is difficult.

Omigod I miss this series.

Used to get so excited at each new release, way back when. Granted, I was absolutely terrible at these games, but still. They were such a blast.

I was a world class Pole Position arcade player.
The graphics were weak at best, but I loved to play it.
(it's a gearhead thing)
A new version with better graphics might be fun.
When I finally got good at it, my mission was to find as many machines in the Pittsburgh area as I could just to place my name in the #1 slot.

It took a little while to learn how to gain the pole position, but up until that time I figured out how to pass the field by driving right up the center.
Turn one was where most players crashed, but I learned how to beat it at wide open throttle.
For the longest time, I always got the extended play and would fall short of the finish line by 1-2 seconds.
One day I was fairly certain that I would complete the race because I was even faster than ever that day.
As I approached the finish line with time to spare, my car slowed down to a crawl.
Whaaat?
Then it happened, the confetti, the race girls and all that good stuff :D

Reminds me a bit of Indianapolis 500: The Simulation

I loved learning about the different dynamics of all four turns of the "Brickyard". Even with those old 320x320 primitive graphics. Still looking for a good up-to-date Indy simulation. Maybe there's one out there I just haven't found yet.

Indianapolis 500: The Simulation - Wikipedia

Reminds me a bit of Indianapolis 500: The Simulation

I loved learning about the different dynamics of all four turns of the "Brickyard". Even with those old 320x320 primitive graphics. Still looking for a good up-to-date Indy simulation. Maybe there's one out there I just haven't found yet.

Indianapolis 500: The Simulation - Wikipedia
I got to drive my '66 Chevy on the Brickyard ;)

Me and that old girl will be together til death do us part :p

I got to drive my '66 Chevy on the Brickyard ;)

Me and that old girl will be together til death do us part :p

Sure beats me. I got to ride around it in a tour bus...one lap but on the older, original track. Circa 1965. :oops:

Would love to experience the track at speed...especially turns one and four. :cool:

Last edited:
For those of you that have Facebook-

You can play Risk with your friends, or even solitarily, against AI. You can even add one or more AI's to a game against friends, to make it more of a challenge. And you can form alliances against the AI if you wish. It's lots of fun.

My daughter and I own the board game, but we love playing this version even more, because we can be in separate rooms, and there's no clean up.

If you like nerdy tabletop RPGs and have facebook, this one's for you!

Risk: Global Domination

The infamous board game called "Diplomacy" has had successive remakes of a digital version, without a lot of success IMO. A game that always struck me as being "Risk on steroids". One advertised as "Destroying Friendships Since 1959".

Interesting to discover a web-based version of this game. Warning though, it's best not to play this game with friends unless you can afford to lose them. A game emphasizing very few rules with infinite Machiavellian strategies to apply. :cool:

Play Diplomacy Online ::: web version of the classic Diplomacy board game

Diplomacy: The Most Evil Board Game Ever Made

Mario RPG could easily get a remake now that Square Enix and Nintendo are on good terms with each other again and the game was ported to the Wii, Wii U, and SNES Mini. Also Final Fantasy VI could use a remaster similar to what they did with VII.

I just replayed through Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and there's a game that should be remade considering how rough around the edges it is nowadays. Heck, I'd be happy with just a rerelease considering it has become a cult classic in the last twenty years and the only (legal) way to play it is the original Gamecube release, but there are so many rights issues between Nintendo and the former Silicon Knights involving this game that even a rerelease on Switch will likely never happen.

I’d love to see some sort of remake or sequel to Mario Paint on the Switch. Maybe have motion control where the right Joy Con acts like a paintbrush this time instead of a mouse. I think such a game would do well.

I loved this game, also spent alot of time on Mega Bomberman.

I haven't gamed in a while though, I find I get obsessed and hours turn into days

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 44
I’d love to see some sort of remake or sequel to Mario Paint on the Switch. Maybe have motion control where the right Joy Con acts like a paintbrush this time instead of a mouse. I think such a game would do well.

Things like that already exist for painting, search VR 3D painting on YouTube/Google it looks incredible. I have no idea how much the equipment costs though. Its not a game as such, but still it looks great.

New Threads

Top Bottom