• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old friends you miss from wrong planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
I have been reminiscing about wrong planet there a lot of people there that I was friends with I really miss now .
Is there anyone you know from Wrongplanet that you miss?

For those of you who switched over what do you miss about wrong planet?

There is next to nothing I miss about Wrong planet. One or two people there who tried to change the general tone of the place and gave up, but that's it. It was full of complaining and bickering and backstabbing, and quite a few seriously unhinged people. I much prefer it here. There is the occasional dispute but it is nothing like it was there.

Can't say I ever posted anything there. I know I briefly looked at it when I first had my life discovery and I looked here and this one just felt... I know there's a good word too put here but I can't find it. >:

I don't rather care for the name either, it starts with a negative... :/

Did you tell your friends about this forum?

Funny... i too joined WP at the same time as here but haven't been back there.
These forums... the insightful replies and members feels genuine and comforting.
I like the positive feel of here and people caring about each other. At stressful times this place is a friendly port in the storm.

i hate wrong planet,that lying scumbag has a ton of sockpuppet accounts on there ruined my life with grooming and cyber bullying,itll catch up with him in the end and he will be in trouble for it.
i can see what he is up to now on various websites,and he doesnt realise i know what his different accounts are,maybe he does-i dont know but i couldnt care less,hes a loser who can only get friends when he copies other peoples stories and makes another form of autism up.

i had been on wrong planet for many years and found it to be childish with people coming on starting cliques and carying on conversations in the middle of threads and ignoring people unless they were in their clique.
we also had people who were not even diagnosed speaking for all autistics across the whole spectrum constantly on various topics,even though they werent sure themselves if they were autistic,it annoyed me as none of them related to me yet they were trying to speak for me.

i tried using forums started by angry ex wrong planet members but they were extremely quiet and often filled with anti wrong planet threads which is boring when its continuous.

I don't miss anything about Wrong Planet. You can barely call it an autistic blog. The moderators have basically made it a safe haven for trolls and flamers. There isn't even any point on going on the website. There are also a lot of pro-cure stooges for Autism Speaks. It's the kind of autism site that you would expect from Autism Speaks.
This website is much better. The people who have been on this site for a long time sometimes take this place for granted. The moderators are very good at keeping things civil, there are lots of members, and people get help and have fun. This is a great site.

i hate wrong planet,that lying scumbag has a ton of sockpuppet accounts on there ruined my life with grooming and cyber bullying,itll catch up with him in the end and he will be in trouble for it.
i can see what he is up to now on various websites,and he doesnt realise i know what his different accounts are,maybe he does-i dont know but i couldnt care less,hes a loser who can only get friends when he copies other peoples stories and makes another form of autism up.

i had been on wrong planet for many years and found it to be childish with people coming on starting cliques and carying on conversations in the middle of threads and ignoring people unless they were in their clique.
we also had people who were not even diagnosed speaking for all autistics across the whole spectrum constantly on various topics,even though they werent sure themselves if they were autistic,it annoyed me as none of them related to me yet they were trying to speak for me.

i tried using forums started by angry ex wrong planet members but they were extremely quiet and often filled with anti wrong planet threads which is boring when its continuous.

hey I'm very sorry about your horrible experience on wrongplanet and I honesty think my childlike and naïve mind took over when writing this and I apologize, I may have been looking though and think of it as better then it was and I regret posting about it.

so how have you been doing these days?

I basically was only active in the Off the Wall section there, so there isn't much to miss for me otherwise. Still, it was the first place I lurked at when I was first diagnosed, so it helped me during that time.

I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon. Elitism, cliques and petty internet drama are children's territory.

hey I'm very sorry about your horrible experience on wrongplanet and I honesty think my childlike and naïve mind took over when writing this and I apologize, I may have been looking though and think of it as better then it was and I regret posting about it.

so how have you been doing these days?
hi jen,your one of the few i loved reading the posts of from WP,im not saying that because its on your thread i like seeing views from people all over the spectrum,not just your average high functioning college going aspie.

please dont think youve triggered me or anything like that by talking of WP,i think given how many of us started out there its good to take stock of things and work out what everyone thinks of it.
i just think its the worst autism forum in the world,i dont care that it has the biggest community,its also the most immature community,probably because its where a lot of newbie diagnosed autistics start out on the internet and have no netiquette whatsoever and do not know how to deal with people.

hi jen,your one of the few i loved reading the posts of from WP,im not saying that because its on your thread i like seeing views from people all over the spectrum,not just your average high functioning college going aspie.

please dont think youve triggered me or anything like that by talking of WP,i think given how many of us started out there its good to take stock of things and work out what everyone thinks of it.
i just think its the worst autism forum in the world,i dont care that it has the biggest community,its also the most immature community,probably because its where a lot of newbie diagnosed autistics start out on the internet and have no netiquette whatsoever and do not know how to deal with people.
Thanks I really love reading your posts too and your blog and watching your youtube videos.

Especially where you show your teddy bear collection. :)

I nearly gave on autism forums because of wrong planet. I think I would of my teacher didn't recommend this one.

I mostly felt like I was battling bullies and trolls there. And most of the bullies and trolls are mod pets. Toxic environment. There are some good people there though. But most of them have quit or rarely post.

I mostly felt like I was battling bullies and trolls there. And most of the bullies and trolls are mod pets. Toxic environment. There are some good people there though. But most of them have quit or rarely post.

Glad to see you here, Ezra, this is great. Yes, you are right about the environment. I'm not sold enough on the new morality to hang in there--and certainly not sold on the last few weeks there.

I've only been participating there for two years so I don't have a point of reference spanning a long period of time to know the evolution, but I have noticed a devolution which has reached a crescendo in the last month or so. I agree that it's become a toxic place of self righteous bullies and that's very sad to see. I'm very thankful that AF is here.

Closer to the OP's question, I miss the old days and several people who used to be there. There was a bit of an informal clique of quirky humor that I miss.

They upgraded lately to the mods doing the bullying themselves :p

I don't know, I mostly miss people who just disappeared altogether and I don't know what became of them.

What I certainly don't miss is the hypervigilance bordering paranoia most of us starting feeling in the last few months and having to walk on eggshells all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom