• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old emotional scars.

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
I feel them throb on occasion. Not really painful. But, I know there their.
Most times I can ignore them. Other times they seem to reopen. A wound that just keeps bleeding for a long time and I'm dragging myself forward with one hand holding it closed. While the other reaches in front of me grasps and drags me forward. This doesn't happen as much as it used too. And I know why. I'm stronger then I was. But, I do wonder what it is. All I feel during this is a feeling of pushing forward. Like, yeah we've been hurt and battered. But, keep going. Your going to see something beautiful and there will find people to help you.
Just thought I'd toss this out there. It's an old issue I'm curious about.

I think it gets better with age. Time heals all wounds - but only if you let it.

I found it best to forgive those who trespassed against me. Nothing to do about it now so I might as well let it go. And I am not fool enough to think I have not trespassed against others.

Don't know if the really early stuff ever goes away, that, never quite heals. Although it might become covered over if it's finally understood. And then it doesn't matter so much anymore.

The things that happen, seem to have less impact as you age. They become fleeting memories that affect you less and less. That doesn't mean they don't still hurt, they simply influence your memory in a less heightened or emotional way. So you feel something, but not as intensely or for as long as you did before. We all carry it with us.

I think of them as echos from a past.
Brain has wired them up into emotionally laden memories.
(helps us survive)

Recall of an event triggers same or similar hormonal response, until we change response over time.
- through understanding, perception, acceptance.

For me neuroplasticity is a thing. Big believer in it.

Stuff I haven't resolved, understood or accepted comes back to haunt me, like ghosts, or echos.

Don't know if the really early stuff ever goes away, that, never quite heals. Although it might become covered over if it's finally understood. And then it doesn't matter so much anymore.

The things that happen, seem to have less impact as you age. They become fleeting memories that affect you less and less. That doesn't mean they don't still hurt, they simply influence your memory in a less heightened or emotional way. So you feel something, but not as intensely or for as long as you did before. We all carry it with us.

Just the opposite for me.
Hurts, insults, etc. from when I was young, rolled off like nothing.
But, the older I got, the more I hung on to hurts or insults.
Now, I never forget.

I am not in contact with ones who bring on bad feelings. I have been diagnosed as having ptsd, so for my own welbeing, I must stop anyone from dredging up the past, otherwise, I am sure I will get very ill.

To me, what happened in the past, is as though it was just yesterday, so I guess you could say that I am putting the "plaster" on the wound and I dare anyone to try and remove that plaster.

I want to be happy, with happy thoughts.

New Threads

Top Bottom