• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Okay I need serious help

Jena

So this been going on for few weeks now, but it seems as if every noise is suddenly louder, and suddenly if people open doors it startles me every single time, and I been getting headaches alot lately mostly at night, and my ears hurt too. My body is also extremely tense, even with some sensory toys my body is super tense, no matter if a lie down, if I sit or if I walk. It mostly occurs in my shoulder/arm area and my legs. I also can't seem to sit right like every sitting position is bothering me, and every sleep position is bothering me as well.

I keep waking up at 3 am then 5 am more frequently and getting up super duper early. I can't remember the last time I slept at 8 am.. Like I feel the need to fight. And I mean fight, kind of wish I had a boxing dummy to practice on lol. Because it's like I have all this built up energy and I am not doing anything with it.

And I also been having these crying episodes where I would just start crying even if there hasn't been a exact trigger. Something else, is that i recenetly gotten off my night medication that I took for paranoia feelings. My doctor didn't think I need it anymore.

I am also really anxious about going to Georgia, Atlanta USA. because my dad isn't "on board" yet and I really want mom to talk him into it soon so we can get hotel rooms soon. Which I guess is part of my anxious as well and of course the driving which I wrote in another thread, and me being anxious around my boyfriend long story but we are taking a break and blahblah. And of course that over stimulation I had at my brother's graduation was a trigger as well.

But I can't figure out why I am STILL tense... my mom said she'll call my doctor so hopefully she does I just don't know what to do right now...

So this been going on for few weeks now, but it seems as if every noise is suddenly louder, and suddenly if people open doors it startles me every single time, and I been getting headaches alot lately mostly at night, and my ears hurt too. My body is also extremely tense, even with some sensory toys my body is super tense, no matter if a lie down, if I sit or if I walk. It mostly occurs in my shoulder/arm area and my legs. I also can't seem to sit right like every sitting position is bothering me, and every sleep position is bothering me as well.

I keep waking up at 3 am then 5 am more frequently and getting up super duper early. I can't remember the last time I slept at 8 am.. Like I feel the need to fight. And I mean fight, kind of wish I had a boxing dummy to practice on lol. Because it's like I have all this built up energy and I am not doing anything with it.

And I also been having these crying episodes where I would just start crying even if there hasn't been a exact trigger. Something else, is that i recenetly gotten off my night medication that I took for paranoia feelings. My doctor didn't think I need it anymore.

I am also really anxious about going to Georgia, Atlanta USA. because my dad isn't "on board" yet and I really want mom to talk him into it soon so we can get hotel rooms soon. Which I guess is part of my anxious as well and of course the driving which I wrote in another thread, and me being anxious around my boyfriend long story but we are taking a break and blahblah. And of course that over stimulation I had at my brother's graduation was a trigger as well.

But I can't figure out why I am STILL tense... my mom said she'll call my doctor so hopefully she does I just don't know what to do right now...

Suggest that the first step is you call the doctor who took you off the night medication and make sure what you are experiencing are not side effects of withdrawal from that medication (as you did not give us the name of it). Tell the doc what you have told us about your symptoms. Second step may be to begin a regular exercise program if you are not doing this already to burn up some of the excess energy you are feeling.
Once you have done these things you may have more information with which to plan further problem solving.

@Jena
Definitely talk to the doctor about your symptoms, the way you
are feeling physically and emotionally. Find out if it's the change
in medication that is responsible.

"...it's like I have all this built up energy and I am not doing anything with it."

Is it like that? Or is it really that way? What amount of exercise/physical
activity do you have in a day?

Calcium and magnesium are necessary for health, and could reduce
some muscle tension.

Agreed with Lucy, those are the first two things I'd recommend. Although I don't know about your physical condition and it's possible that weight training would be good, I'd suggest cardio first as it will tend to burn more energy than weight lifting (both may be even better, but if you're choosing...). Things like swimming, cycling, running or rowing.

Agreed with Lucy, those are the first two things I'd recommend. Although I don't know about your physical condition and it's possible that weight training would be good, I'd suggest cardio first as it will tend to burn more energy than weight lifting (both may be even better, but if you're choosing...). Things like swimming, cycling, running or rowing.
Interestingly, much research shows that progressive weight training and cardio provides the most benefit, health-wise and calorically; progressive weight training alone, next; and finally, cardio alone comes in last.
All of this is , of course, irrelevant, if one's personal preferences are a significant factor.
All three are healthy, and so, one really can't go wrong adopting any of the three...

I would also add, that although the initial caloric outlay is greater for cardio, the body goes into starvation mode immediately after...
Due to diminished energy supply, coupled with no calories to replace them, the cns crashes the metabolism to preserve energy stores(This is why endurance runners have such low resting heartrates, and strive for same).
Conversely, progressive weight training sends the body into muscle(protein) synthesis mode- revving up the metabolism--for about 24 hrs.
So while the initial outlay(200-300 cal. or so) of cardio may be slightly greater than that of P.W.T(150-250cal.), over the next 24 hours the body, after P.W.T., burns 50 to 100 calories/hr. over an avg. baseline; while after cardio one will burn significantly less calories than even a moderately low baseline.
Protein synthesis mode refreshes, heals, rebuilds most bodily tissues, and collaterally causes the nervous system to do the same.

New Threads

Top Bottom