• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oh, the fatigue

iamlindsaythatisall

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday
I posted a thread sometime ago that I thought I may be in burnout, and it seems to have led to a flareup of sorts... I've never been officially diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but I have had a doctor tell me, "That's textbook CFS." So I'm just going to assume that's what this is. I've got swollen lymph nodes in my neck, fatigue, brain fog, hard time talking, etc. No fever this time, thankfully. It explains a lot, really. Including the most recent bout of depression (is this oversharing? I have no clue). The mixture of holidays, birthdays, and the tough time I had this past year I think did me in. I like to say that my body is "throwing a tantrum" when this happens. In jest, of course.

I am curious to see if anyone else goes through something like this. Your body telling you, "THAT'S ENOUGH!"

This past summer and fall I spent almost half the year away from my own home dealing with family matters. I always had a good bed and lots of rest while I was traveling. But now that I am home I just want to sleep. I have been taking two naps a day plus sleeping about an hour longer, at night, than I usually do.

It is not the same really. But I can relate to being just too damn tired to do much if anything!

Yeah I’m very familiar with it. For me the fatigue often coincides with flare ups of IBS and fibromyalgia. And the bad ones come with clinical depression as well. I function quite well intermittently, but I’m currently backsliding into a bad flare up again. I’m doing everything I can to try and fight it, but I feel like, whatever I’m doing, I’m being weighed down. It’s a struggle to keep going.

Yes, I can definitely relate. I have Chronic Fatigue and have gotten pretty good at staying in my "parameters." But extra activities, emotional stressors and such can put you into a crash. Be kind to yourself, and rest rest rest!

Yeah I’m very familiar with it. For me the fatigue often coincides with flare ups of IBS and fibromyalgia. And the bad ones come with clinical depression as well. I function quite well intermittently, but I’m currently backsliding into a bad flare up again. I’m doing everything I can to try and fight it, but I feel like, whatever I’m doing, I’m being weighed down. It’s a struggle to keep going.
Yes, I can definitely relate. I have Chronic Fatigue and have gotten pretty good at staying in my "parameters." But extra activities, emotional stressors and such can put you into a crash. Be kind to yourself, and rest rest rest!
This time of year seems to be hitting hard... I'm going to try my best to take @garnetflower13 's advice and rest up :)

New Threads

Top Bottom