• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jason Aull

My name is Jason Aull. I live in a group home In Lebanon Tennessee. I have Aspergers, bipolar and have been diagnosed with schizoid-affective. Currently I Take an SSRI and an antipsychotic. I do not like taking Psychotropics but I am forced if not heavily coerced into taking them. My mom wrote a book about her experiences with me called "Letting Go of Jason". I was raised in Aiken, South Carolina. I was born in 1980. The picture on the cover of the book was taken when I was around 13. The days go by often without meaning or purpose.

upload_2019-4-28_11-34-53.png

Welcome! Aspie with bipolar disorder here as well. I'm on antipsychotics and getting started on Lithium to help with my mood.
If it's not too personal a question, how do you feel about having a book written about you?

I take lithium and have been taking it for about 20 years. Although for a while I was taking depekote. Having a book written about me is kind of nice, the only problem is that it doesn't sell very well. But, it is nice to give out for people to understand me:)

Ok, Good. I take abilify. I am a little concerned about its association with diabetes. The main problem I have with these medications is that I don't know what kind of damage they are doing behind the scenes in my body. Other than that their effects on my mind seem to be pretty much fine. Although lately sometimes I get the slightest headache. Maybe its from being on the computer too much.

Jason welcome. I have had a peek at the book and think it looks really good and very needed to increase understanding about ASD. I might buy it. Good to have you here, you seem like you will be an asset to the forum.

Thanks chocoholic. I've been on several medications over the years and in many ways it has been a very hellish experience. I also take Prozac. It seems to work fine but I am quite concerned about what it is doing to my body. The other night I refused my medication. I took it the next night but I think my subconscious was getting tired of it. It is why I am in a group home. My subconscious doesn't like the medication so much that I just cannot take it on my own.

Ok, Good. I take abilify. I am a little concerned about its association with diabetes. The main problem I have with these medications is that I don't know what kind of damage they are doing behind the scenes in my body. Other than that their effects on my mind seem to be pretty much fine. Although lately sometimes I get the slightest headache. Maybe its from being on the computer too much.
I’m on Abilify as well, which works quite well for me. I do need to watch my weight, but so far I’ve had weight gain with every psychopharmaceutical I’ve had to take. It’s not as bad as Zyprexa in that regard.

You can go a long way to alleviate mental health problems through dietary measures and supplementation with the likes of niacin which has enabled schizophrenics to function as normal, and enable reduction of medication. Some people have been able to stop medication though that would take some time and the help of a doctor to come off.

There is a great deal to be found on the web on the subject.

Yeah I got kind of fat on zyprexa. I think someone, like a psychiatrist should be looking into all natural alternatives for people with autism, especially when it comes to mental illness. I can take some psychopharmaceuticals short term, but the psychiatrists continually want to force it long term which has driven me into a group home. If it gets any worse I could get ECT or put in a long term facility. Neither of which I am looking forward to.

Dietary measures are extremely difficult where I live and my diet is not the best here. Niacin might be a way to reduce the abilify, but I have doubts the doctor will just reduce any thing any time soon. I think I need to somehow identify the symptoms of the illness and figure out if I want them or not. I know I do not like mania or psychosis. I know depression will get me into trouble. The problem with psychosis is that I am not quite sure what reality is sometimes, especially with religion, like people rising from the dead.

Hi there Jason! I also had a look at the book...sounds interesting, I might buy it too! Sorry to hear about your condition... I guess, it isn't much fun living in a group home. How is it here, do you have like own room and PC for yourself? Surely, you can't be forced to get ECT? Or is it that bad?

I also had a little psychotic breakdown a few months ago, which was (also) partly drug induced. I take Solian/Amisulprid (200mg) in the morning, Seroquel (150mg) in the evening... I also take 300 mg Bupropion, which is really great. It's antidepressent on amfetamin-basis (the only one of its kind), and it's great for everything, especially sexuality(!)

I have a room and computer to myself which isn't too bad of a thing. I took Seroquil for a few years. Last I took it it made me feel weird and have weird dreams. All my medications seem to take away or have no effect on labito. I also do not want street drugs. I have enough problems taking the drugs I am supposed to take.

If I refuse my meds enough they could give me ECT or put me in a long term facility. Those are the only 2 options I know they have. The other night when I refused my medication I knew that those were the 2 options. It was rather depressing. For a few moments, I thought about a quick and easy death to avoid all of it. I have a history of suicidal thoughts but never had the guts to pull it off. I have been hospitalized many times.

hmm. Maybe you could ask your doc about Bupropion. It is a very helpful medication especially to those who suffer from negative symptoms of psychotic disorders (like psychosis, schizo-affectiv, bipolar-psychotic) and from negative symptoms induced by other anti-psychotic meds. I would really give it a try. It's really very different from all the other antidepressants (and not a street drug!) but of course you need to see, if it goes well for you.

Couldn't you go home, to your own place, if you improved on your medication-compliance? Maybe you could have some come by your home every day to check on you. In Germany there is something like assisted living for many (also autism), because it's more cost effective and considered better (more responsebility) for the patients. I thought about that a while ago, but I manage on my own for now...

New Threads

Top Bottom