• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Zirk

Stay humble, have fun, joke around & laugh
Hi, I am a 26 year old European man living in the Netherlands. I am officially diagnosed with high functioning autism, a very severe variant. Which means I have trouble forming speech, working with language, people and joining society. I have no special talents, but I see patterns more easily than others and I have absolute hearing (of music). I also like arts, science, even though I am bad with maths. I live in isolation for more than 6 years and I hope to find like-minded people with whom I can share my interests and hobbies.

upload_2022-7-8_20-51-47.png

Welcome! :)

I am also good with patterns, but very bad at music.

Which are your hobbies?

I live on my own in a Dutch village. I like the special relativity theory, programming in PHP / HTML5, CSS3, building the Metaverse and 3D models in JavaScript, writing short stories, walking, astronomy, geology, cooking, baking, singing (amateurly), reading literature and travelling or chilling with the town's people. I live on welfare and find university / studying too hard because I lack discipline. I worked in retail for 3 years in a luxury vintage furniture shop doing e-commerce and parts of Sales like designing offersheets (price cards). I like Photoshop and Illustrator too. Hope that's extensive enough?

Welcome!
You have a lot of cool hobbies and interests! :)

I think the Netherlands is a nice country. There are others here from there. I’m sure you will make some friends!

What genres of music are you interested in?

Welcome!
You have a lot of cool hobbies and interests! :)

I think the Netherlands is a nice country. There are others here from there. I’m sure you will make some friends!

What genres of music are you interested in?

RadioNL (Dutch music), Country, Irish, Bluegrass, Classical, Pop. You?

RadioNL (Dutch music), Country, Irish, Bluegrass, Classical, Pop. You?

I will have to check out more Dutch music :)
I’m a percussionist and I’m mostly interested in European folk music, electronic music, Drum & Bass, Spanish dance music and non-English music in general, some alternative rock and metal, some RnB and pop and hip-hop, some classical/film score music even though I’m not a movie person lol, and country-ish alternative folk music, but not necessarily country music itself (sorry :( ) although it is the most popular genre where I live so I like the occasional country song.
But my music taste varies a lot and spans most genres so I’m not very picky! :)

I hope you’re enjoying the forums so far :)
My name is Luca, by the way. I don’t mind everyone here using my first name.

Welcome! I too am something of a pattern jockey and I rode that to a very nice career as a programmer/analyst. I have an extensive collection of books, movies, and vinyl records. My interests encompass most of yours and extend to other things as well.

I will say that I never had any problems like yours. I spent most of my childhood not speaking much, not because I had trouble with words, but because I just didn't have much in common with anyone around me. From your posts, I would never have guessed that you had problems communicating if you had not said so.

Although I was born and raised in the U.S.A. I have been to the Netherlands, having spent several months in Amsterdam the Winter of 1975. It was my first trip outside of North America and it was very liberating. A group of us did a road trip one weekend during that stay and drove to Brussels, where I was berated in French by a woman in a camera store because I had gotten the fastener stuck that held the case to my camera and I needed help getting it off so I could change the roll of film.

Anyway, I think you will find this place to be welcoming, informative, and fun so relax and dwell for a while.

Welcome! So you like Bluegrass! I am still pretty much a novice with Scruggs Style banjo and picked it up through tablature since I suck at reading standard musical notation. Still learning lots of licks. Many great festivals within a reasonable drive, including Bean Blossom, Indiana. My current favorites are Blue Highway and the Steep Canyon Rangers when Steve Martin is playing with them. Though the banjo stylist I enjoy is Alison Brown.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Great interests, some seem quite social, do you make contacts with others through these? It's good that you are here, others here will understand your difference. Are you diagnosed with ADHD? Do you relate your difficulties with studying to executive functioning issues? Did you get any help with studying?

I hope you will feel supported here, and make comments and your own threads.

:airplane::bicyclist::helicopter::runner::rocket::surfer::sailboat::swimmer::mountainbiker::walking::airplane:

I will have to check out more Dutch music :)
I’m a percussionist and I’m mostly interested in European folk music, electronic music, Drum & Bass, Spanish dance music and non-English music in general, some alternative rock and metal, some RnB and pop and hip-hop, some classical/film score music even though I’m not a movie person lol, and country-ish alternative folk music, but not necessarily country music itself (sorry :( ) although it is the most popular genre where I live so I like the occasional country song.
But my music taste varies a lot and spans most genres so I’m not very picky! :)

I hope you’re enjoying the forums so far :)
My name is Luca, by the way. I don’t mind everyone here using my first name.

The Dutch language is 90% similar to Queen's English or the Irish accent. We feature a strong 'r' and nice diphtongs such as "ui" and "ij" (sharper than "ou" and "ie" in English). There is a revival of Dutch folksongs, with Mart Hoogkamer, Frans Duijts and others. If you search them on YouTube, you are in a loop where you will find them too. Our language also has a lot of German influences, like Middle English does. If you know Dutch you can speak / understand the rest of the Northwest European languages too. Dutch is a gateway language into the European mainland.

I am findable on SoundCloud (I'll post my real name in private message only). I also have a personal website that I'm still working on. It's in maintainance mode.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Great interests, some seem quite social, do you make contacts with others through these? It's good that you are here, others here will understand your difference. Are you diagnosed with ADHD? Do you relate your difficulties with studying to executive functioning issues? Did you get any help with studying?

I hope you will feel supported here, and make comments and your own threads.

:airplane::bicyclist::helicopter::runner::rocket::surfer::sailboat::swimmer::mountainbiker::walking::airplane:

My dream is to start my own company. I sometimes read articles on ResearchGate in English and Scientific German. I like the speed of business, compared to the boring colleges of university. Due to my autism (I don't have ADHD, but general attention disorder according to my Gymnasium), I find it hard to concentrate on longer texts and books. But in business, they value shorter texts like e-mails over longreads.

I can be social from time to time, but I find it hard to maintain friendships and build networks.

Welcome! Do you like The Office?

It's one of the only few watchable series on Netflix, the account whom my family shares with me.
I personally find my self equal to the personage of Dwight because I am like the backward fellow who speaks German when he's angry, doesn't get hints and is socially awkward. The show portrays a lot of societal sterotypes too. I might also relate a lot with Oscar. The dysfunctional relationships there reflect a lot how my family looked like, but then ten times worse.

HI AND WELCOME WOW YOU FROM THE Netherlands MY BEST BEST BEST MOM EVER IS FROM THE NETHERLANDS AND I BEEN TO THE Netherlands A LOT OF TIMES WITH THE BEST BEST BEST MOM EVER

New Threads

Top Bottom