• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Officially diagnosed yesterday

Hello,
I completed a series of diagnostic tests over the last few days in Charlotte, NC. I am relieved to have received confirmation in what I had already started to believe about myself. Being on the spectrum makes so much make sense. I am here to learn and listen and find a community! I love exercising, my two schnauzers, my husband, music, and dark humor. I’m 33 years old and feel like I just solved a riddle about myself!

welcome to af.png

Welcome.
My first hand puppet was a schnauzer. Such great dogs. @Luca is a very successful trainer who joined this forum and l have learned a lot about dog competitions as a result. However, her increased success means she updates us when she can. I feel one day, she will be so busy, she will turn into full warehouse dog facility that she manages 24/7.

How has your diagnosis changed things for you?

Last edited:
Hi Virginia, welcome! :)
I love my dogs too.
Schnauzers are awesome. Are they miniature, standard, or giant?

Being on the spectrum makes so much make sense.
I just solved a riddle about myself!

What a great and relieving realization.

It’s nice to have you here on your journey. I am on a journey to, making sense of a confusing life with a totally new perspective. It is wonderful. Also sometimes scary and confusing, but the people here will really get in your corner if you give them a chance to. I’ve had an amazing experience here unlike any other I’ve had in my 42 years.

HI and Welcome @VirginiaFlornsby

Congratulations on the diagnosis
Have a read of the stuff in here and you might even learn more about yourself - we have all been on a jurney of self discovery, so do join us!

HI and Welcome. I Was diagnosed at 60. That explained a lot . . . . A Lot of things that I did not like about myself. The realization was necessary to make progress with PTSD.

Hello,
I completed a series of diagnostic tests over the last few days in Charlotte, NC. I am relieved to have received confirmation in what I had already started to believe about myself. Being on the spectrum makes so much make sense. I am here to learn and listen and find a community! I love exercising, my two schnauzers, my husband, music, and dark humor. I’m 33 years old and feel like I just solved a riddle about myself!
Welcome to the club homie.

Welcome to the forums @VirginiaFlornsby!

It is always nice to receive validation of who you are. This is a very positive environment where you can relax and express yourself in many different ways. While I always knew I was different from those around me, I always accepted that as natural, to a degree. I was very timid and regularly depressed up until I entered my 30s and I was not diagnosed until my 40s. That probably would not have happened if a friend hadn't mentioned that they thought I had Asperger's.

I encourage you to join in, for there is a great deal of life experience here and much to explore. I hope you find this place a regular part of your life now that you know yourself a little bit better.

Hi and welcome, it's good to get the answer to life experiences that have been puzzling, I feel the same, autism explains some puzzles I had about my life and how I am. I hope that you enjoy it here and please do join in discussions and add your views.

Welcome! I got my diagnosis around the same age after several years of wondering and I'm glad for it and the wonderful people I've met along the way, including many here. :)

Hey there and warm welcome. I do hope you will find this place as welcoming and supportive as i have since i first arrive here and needless to say i still do.

Just remember that nothing has actually changed youre still exactly the same person you were before this diagnose. The only difference is you now have an explanation on why you are how you am.

Now strive to thrive in this your new knowledge. BEING autistic is a reason “to”. Don’t allow it to be a reason “not to”.

Welcome to the forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom