1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NPC Meme making the far left mad

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Shiznown, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiznown

Shiznown Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Shiznown

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. pamelaperejil

pamelaperejil Non-player character

And so it goes.

4. Autistamatic

Autistamatic He's just this guy, you know? V.I.P Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  5. pamelaperejil

Eh. I get described as as far right or "alt right" with some frequency, and I'm actually libertarian left.

6. Sir Stig

Sir Stig Member

run identify
    /hatespeech
    /trolling
    /abort interaction
    "they are onto us. Our plot to assimilate lunatics into not hating themselves and blaming others are compromised..."
    /RUN!!!!

7. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

What Is NPC, the Pro-Trump Internet’s New Favorite Insult?

"Late last week, a group of users on r/the_donald, Reddit’s largest pro-Trump forum, decided to take the NPC meme to a wider audience. They created dozens of Twitter accounts using fictional NPC personalities, the NPC Wojak avatar and bios like “fighting against Nazi Racist Drumpf Fascist Cheetofinger.” They used these accounts to follow and tweet at one another, as well as at liberals, creating the semblance of an army of resisters mindlessly repeating anti-Trump talking points.

The campaign began as a joke. But a few of the accounts started posting misleading information about the midterm elections, including encouraging liberals to vote on Nov. 7. (Election Day is Nov. 6.)"

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. WildCat

WildCat and his scatterbrain V.I.P Member

I'm now beginning to think Alex Jones may have been on to something. Maybe.

Pull the trigger, get banned from Twitter. Sounds like a plan.

9. pamelaperejil

A piece on mob mentality, identity politics, and the practice of dehumanizing/de-individualizing an enemy, relevant to this thread, I think:
    Individuals and Symbols - Quillette

"...There are countless examples throughout history, of what happens when people see other people by their group identity and not as individuals...When people have given into the tribal instinct in the past and seen individuals only as symbols of a group or a class, it has resulted in atrocity. "

Perhaps more on point: the creation of these Twitter profiles seems like a pretty harmless joke. However, this situation does highlight how important Facebook and social media are as THE sources of news. (Which is enough to give you pause considering they have vested political/economic interests in censorship and can legally deplatform anyone they want.) And the fact that "fake news" does present a real danger.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  10. Joshua Aaron

Joshua Aaron Autistic Bisexual

The left-wingers are stupid, and liberals are tired of their stupidity, so they left the democratic party and switched over. That's all that happened to cause Trump to win.

11. Autistamatic

Don't call people stupid please. Someone may not share your political views, but that gives you no right to make judgements on their intelligence.
    How would you feel if people with opposing views said the same about you?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Shiznown

It is stupid when you idolize dictators like the far left do, dictators that have committed genocide. So, yes it is idiotic. "Better dead than red."

13. Autistamatic

You're welcome to your points of view and I'm sure you came to them as a result of much thought and soul searching. I cannot agree with your statement. I am not a "red" but I do not believe that calling people who disagree with you "stupid" is conducive to political discussion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Joshua Aaron

I meant that their behavior from multiple radical, left-winged organizations such as ANTIFA and Anonymous think it's okay to commit crimes that are seriously harmful to to the government, such as ANTIFA's belief that violence is the only way to fight the republicans' supposed "fascism" by encouraging young people to kill members of ICE and other law enforcement agencies, even though all law enforcement agencies, whether it be ICE, standard police units, the FBI, or SWAT units, is actually what fascism IS. Anonymous often leaks personal information of innocent bystanders that follow right-wing politicians for their own fake definition of equality. Some of these people can even be high-profile government workers, such as Supreme Justices, Congressmen and Congresswoman, and all high-ranking officials in the executive branch, and sometimes even the military. Sure, Anonymous may have leaked legit threats in the past that affected US foreign policy as we know it today, but now what they are doing is straight-up harmful and toxic to the government's lawful operations. And now Twitter is being ran by SJWs, who are so caught up in the social justice movement (if you can even call it social justice to begin with), and is now banning a meme that a small minority of it's users got offended about, even though most other people didn't give a crap. Whenever I think about the liberals, leftists, and democrats today, I only think about the toxicity and the large amounts of harm they have cause to not only innocent citizens, but to the US Government. Heck, Obama is the reason why there was an economic recession in 2009. He did it. One of the YouTubers I watched who made edutainment videos on social studies courses, such as world history, said in one of the videos (not in his exact words), "If the world's economy is bad to the point of depression and recession, it's because the leader of the world's #1 superpower, the president of the United States, did something to make it happen."

So, basically, I am talking about behavior, not beliefs. I know only 1 person who are on the left who is actually a respectable person, and that is my friend, Nate's mother. However, since I didn't meet her until after I had my first impressions of the democratic party as it stands today, me interacting with her doesn't reverse how I see democrats as a whole: a bunch of whiners, beta males, spoiled teenage brats, people who want me to have less rights than they because I am a white dude who doesn't identify myself with anything related to the LGBT movement, people who actually support racism and sexism (mostly toward white men), and many more things that I cannot even list now, since that list would be a mile and a half long, and you do NOT want to spend your time reading that. Trust me.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  15. Autistamatic

Anonymous are as much enemies of the so called left wing establishment as they are of the right wing establishment. They are meddlers and agitators, nothing more.
    True "left wing" values are not about violence, they are about peace, about looking after people, about the maximum good for the population. Your understanding of the left wing of political opinion appears to be based on something that does not connect with mine.
    The Republicans of America are right wing, the Democrats are slightly less right wing. There is no left wing party in mainstream US politics that I can see, let alone "far left". We had no even faintly left wing party in this country for decades until recently, and even now it is only mildly left wing.
    Utilities, healthcare, education and benefits are the preserve of the state. because they can't be trusted to the profit driven private sector. Commerce, material products, optional services, finance, insurance etc. are fine in the private sector - let them compete as much as they want.
    Having an opinion that doesn't agree with Trump or his Republican buddies does not make someone "far left" and the suggestion they are says far more about the accuser than it does of the accused.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Shiznown

I would suspect someone from the UK to make this statement.

17. Autistamatic

Please quantify? What preconceptions lead you to this conclusion?

18. Joshua Aaron

I know. But I still blame democrats for the recession. I know all democrats may not act like that, but when seemingly more than half of a political party does something to the likes of what I listed above, it's detrimental to the entire party.

19. Cher_Ami

Cher_Ami Well-Known Member

Before I start, it is really sniveling and cowardly to just paint a broad brush and include the person who you are speaking to in that said group to get around the rules.

Around 90% of Trump's votes came from previous McCain voters, so I think it had more to do with consistent voting patterns from conservatives, the Electoral College system, and something similar to what happened to Lionel Jospin in the 2002 French election where people thought they could vote however they wanted or could stay home.

Still waiting for that defense of Pinochet's policies from you...

The housing crisis started in 2007.

I might be missing the simile here, but how were Gamergaters Democrat or 'far-left'. If you can do this, this would mean that the NPC meme is essentially a self-perpetuating triggering device, and indeed the perfect Internet weapon, since the major players in the movement tended to support Trump.

Then again...Venezuela, Chicago, 'Soy Boys', the same insults...you might be on something here [/s]....

20. pamelaperejil

I think you have that the wrong way around. Gamergate was a reaction against SJWs. The SJWs were anti-Gamergate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.