• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Now I am hypomanic again, this is very annoying

Oz67

Damn it, now I feel pathology happy again. What is going on with me?

I am supposed to be depressed, I have history of being bullied for having Autism Spectrum Disorder and Learning Disorder Unspecified.

It's a rhetorical question, having Bipolar Disorder is frustrating to have.

While I am mildly depressed and taking generic Cymbalta, I still find happiness, especially in nature. This afternoon will hike in a natural area with friends to look at spring wildflowers. That will make me happy.

While I am mildly depressed and taking generic Cymbalta, I still find happiness, especially in nature. This afternoon will hike in a natural area with friends to look at spring wildflowers. That will make me happy.

So, it's normal that my depression goes away for some time, but you are supposed to feel pain to those who made fun of you for having a delay.

I’m bipolar. I hate that being happy or feeling a little down is never just that. I always have to analyze whether it’s just a feeling, or the beginning of another episode. I haven’t had a major episode in a few years, but I’m always slightly wary.

It is VERY frustrating to have to analyze the happy for pathology. It's bad enough that the meds mute creativity, then this!?! Does the mania come on

It is VERY frustrating to have to analyze the happy for pathology. It's bad enough that the meds mute creativity, then this!?! Does the mania come on

Are you mad at me or frustrated when you keep having manic or hypomanic episodes?

For me, my hypomanic episodes are well controlled with meds, and manic episodes have been really spread out now.

So, it's normal that my depression goes away for some time, but you are supposed to feel pain to those who made fun of you for having a delay.
People making fun of me for my social delay? And I'm supposed to feel pain? Lemmee tell ya', I was never made fun of, instead people thought my social isolation was a choice, making me feel damaged, useless, less than, and that was traumatic. I now refuse to feel pain for that because I overcame that through my will, and am living a fuller and more interesting life that some of them have.

I’m bipolar. I hate that being happy or feeling a little down is never just that. I always have to analyze whether it’s just a feeling, or the beginning of another episode. I haven’t had a major episode in a few years, but I’m always slightly wary.

This is why I have to be careful of what I eat, smell, touch.

I am not bipolar. I am allergic to and sensitive to several families of
foods. Plus I am hypoglycemic.

And I don't want to do, (eat, smell, touch) any thing that makes
me sick or crazy or stupid.

This is why I have to be careful of what I eat, smell, touch.

I am not bipolar. I am allergic to and sensitive to several families of
foods. Plus I am hypoglycemic.

And I don't want to do, (eat, smell, touch) any thing that makes
me sick or crazy or stupid.
I read about your allergies/sensitivities in another topic. It must be such a struggle to deal with all of those! I have relatively stable periods where I don’t have to think about my bipolar much (other than remembering taking my meds). But with food allergies/sensitivities, I imagine you have to be aware anytime you put something in your mouth. That must be exhausting.

I have mast cell activation syndrome, but that usually occurs without any triggers so I don’t have to spend a lot of time worrying about avoiding triggers. It’ll happen when it happens, so to speak.

IBS is a different story, I spend a lot of time worrying about triggering an attack, knowing full well that the worrying might also trigger an attack. To the point where I’ve developed anxiety and compulsive behavior around eating and being in situations where I can’t use the bathroom at any given time. Still, when I eat/drink trigger foods, the reactions don’t go beyond gastrointestinal distress and an itchy/prickly mouth. I suspect you’re in a worse boat, so to speak.

Last edited:
I read about your allergies/sensitivities in another topic. It must be such a struggle to deal with all of those! I have relatively stable periods where I don’t have to think about my bipolar much (other than remembering taking my meds). But with food allergies/sensitivities, I imagine you have to be aware anytime you put something in your mouth. That must be exhausting.

I have mast cell activation syndrome, but that usually occurs without any triggers so I don’t have to spend a lot of time worrying about avoiding triggers. It’ll happen when it happens, so to speak.

IBS is a different story, I spend a lot of time worrying about triggering an attack, knowing full well that the worrying might also trigger an attack. To the point where I’ve developed anxiety and compulsive behavior around eating and being in situations where I can’t use the bathroom at any given time. Still, when I eat/drink trigger foods, the reactions don’t go beyond gastrointestinal distress and an itchy/prickly mouth. I suspect you’re in a worse boat, so to speak.
The itchy/prickly mouth is a lead-in to anaphylaxis. Do you have an epi-pen?

The itchy/prickly mouth is a lead-in to anaphylaxis. Do you have an epi-pen?
It isn’t in my case, as it’s not caused by oral allergies. It’s part of my (idiopathic) mast cell activation syndrome. Thanks for your concern though :)

New Threads

Top Bottom