• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Notable Members

Cactus

V.I.P Member
Just looking at the notable members here. WOW! There are some prolific writers here. I hesitate to post here because I have a most boring existence. I’m either at work, or at home. I’m married, and with the wonderful exception of my wife, I have no friends. I’m not unhappy, but I could be happier. I tend to ruminate on past interactions with people, random memories from different ages. Most are memories I’d rather forget. I see my life as lost potential, in that I had the capability to do more, but social inadequacy always derailed me. There were other issues as well, a big one being executive functioning, but I could deal with that, and I did. It just wasn’t enough. I’m trying to be content with my current station, but I know I never will be. I’m a realist, and all I want is the truth. Honesty is in short supply, to the point of nonexistence. I understand the reason from a psychological point of view, but it’s still depressing.

The word notable is relative , my existence could be called almost non existent ,I've lived alone (no humans )for 20 years ,rarely communicate face to face ,I live with two cats ,my whole school life was called quiet ,apart from 4 years old sitting under a table in the school assembly hall come dining room refusing to eat.

Last edited:
Well, that does not include me in the "notable members" since I am in a worse situation than you!

I do not work and married to narcissist, so conversation is severelly lacking.

But, I have my faith and that keeps me from sinking.

So, take heart, that not all of us are successful (world's view) and happy to use my sad situation, to build you up. :p

I have no friends of family and now being 63 with multiple disablilities I shudder to think how I will
live on small disability checks.
There is no help in paying for assisted living rent here.

Over all, life hasn't had much meaning and a lot of problems.
Still there are very few things I would have done differently if I could re-live it.
Find a way to pay for the day that is now here is the main thing I could have changed.
But, I lived for the day and enjoyed what I could.

Don't know about notable, but, I do love to write and have found a community here to help feel not
so alone.

Just looking at the notable members here. WOW! There are some prolific writers here. I hesitate to post here because I have a most boring existence. I’m either at work, or at home. I’m married, and with the wonderful exception of my wife, I have no friends. I’m not unhappy, but I could be happier. I tend to ruminate on past interactions with people, random memories from different ages. Most are memories I’d rather forget. I see my life as lost potential, in that I had the capability to do more, but social inadequacy always derailed me. There were other issues as well, a big one being executive functioning, but I could deal with that, and I did. It just wasn’t enough. I’m trying to be content with my current station, but I know I never will be. I’m a realist, and all I want is the truth. Honesty is in short supply, to the point of nonexistence. I understand the reason from a psychological point of view, but it’s still depressing.
Try being me ,you wouldn't want to for long ,I'm hated ,looking at my comments on posts ,I get the least likes out of everybody on this forum, if you want to base it on this forum I'm hoping death is better than this

Happy. But unfulfilled?

I think we spend far too much time thinking about what could have been. If 'this" had happened, if 'that' had not happened and everything in between. History is replete with people who did great things, who became innovators, educators, scientists, the list of renown goes on forever. It's not the reality for ninety-eight percent of the world's population.

And you have to ask yourself, what is the purpose of such trumpeting by the powers that be? Is it to make us feel lesser? Unhappy? Is it to push us to do things? Or do we somehow benefit from the innovators? Of course we do. And some are more driven than others.

Many of us are brought with that notion of greatness. We read stories of athletes, inventors, scientists and fighters as children. Possibly to be influenced to do similar things with our lives. Yet most simply want a reasonable job, family, and a place to exist in peace. Others have more ambition to do good or something close to that. I'll take the place to exist in peace and be happy with that. No one is happy all the time. There are moments in your life that are, and times when it's difficult. I think that's life for many of us.

Last edited:
I think we spend far too much time thinking about what could have been. If 'this" had happened, if 'that' had not happened and everything in between. History is replete with people who did great things, who became innovators, educators, scientists, the list of renown goes on forever. It's not the reality for ninety-eight percent of the world's population.

And you have to ask yourself, what is the purpose of such trumpeting by the powers that be? Is it to make us feel unimportant? Unhappy? Is it to push us to do things? Or do we somehow benefit from the innovators? Of course we do. And some are more driven than others.

Many of us are brought with the notion of greatness. We read stories of athletes, inventors, scientists and fighters as children. Possibly to be influenced to do similar things with our lives. Yet most simply want a reasonable job, family, and a place to exist in peace. Others have more ambition to do good or something close to that. I'll take the place to exist in peace and be happy with that. No one is happy all the time. There are moments in your life that are, and times when it's difficult. I think that is life for most of us.

So nice to read this.
I did think like that. Now l accept l can't live up to family's expectations. l just live up to mine.
Aging brings the ability to let go if you haven't already forgotten all of those things in the past.
I have lost so much in one lifetime, yet what l have gained has been equally intriguing. And if l hadn't gone thru the bad, l wouldn't have discovered or needed the new experiences. But l want to be in peace also. Maybe with a rescue cat......

Try being me ,you wouldn't want to for long ,I'm hated ,looking at my comments on posts ,I get the least likes out of everybody on this forum, if you want to base it on this forum I'm hoping death is better than this

Oh.. Streetwise I'm sending you positive vibes! You welcomed me in this forum and I truly appreciate that.

The story of my life...

New Threads

Top Bottom