• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not just a lurker anymore

Nepenthe

Hi, have been checking out the forum for a while. Never been officially diagnosed and didn't even consider myself on the spectrum until my best friend brought the possibility to my attention and mentioned something about never seeing me unless she made a formal complaint via email once a month (we live 10 miles apart). I am 43, so her observations and off-the-cuff diagnosis came as quite a surprise to me... I just assumed I was an introvert with social anxiety disorder or something.

In any case, after reading pretty much everything available on Google under "Aspergers" and "high-functioning autism," and taking a couple online tests in the past week, it appears that I may be in the same boat as y'all. My husband is a Ph.D. Chemical Engineer but EXTREMELY extroverted... he is always complaining about how his co-workers are anti-social, which struck me as strange since he married an extremely introverted woman.

Hoping that I can get some insight on how to deal with a few challenges that have come up since my daughters are getting older and more socially active, in addition to working with my husband's desire for some kind of social life outside of his employer's annual holiday party.

Thanks for reading this & having me in your group!

Welcome to AC.
If you're wanting to learn more, Tony Attwood's Complete Guide to Aspergers is pretty much the definitive guide.
You may also be interested in Rudy Simone's Aspergirls.
Again, welcome to AC, feel free to poke around, and join in where you feel comfortable.

Hi and welcome. Your only in the provisional stage of membership in our esteemed group however. To gain full membership you must first complete the Seven Ordeals of Mu.

The first ordeal is complete. You introduced yourself.
You may bypass ordeal 2-6 by a one time payment.
Ordeal seven is so secret no one actually knows what it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom