• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not an aspie, but my friend is.

fyriie

My friend has Aspergers, and I was wondering if there was anything I shouldn't do that would annoy her. I really value her friendship and don't want to lose it. Is there anything I should be careful to do/not do?

Um, we're not all exactly the same, you know? We'd probably need to know a bit more about your friend to really advise you! Dare you just ask her directly? As a general rule, most Aspies appreciate that but that's not guaranteed and depends on many factors.

I would have a conversation and ask her the things that she likes and then afterwards go on about dislikes, also as I had a ex who is on the spectrum, I would have to be careful with what I had to say and everything, while your friend may not be severe and sounds like she could just be on the mild end of the spectrum?

I'm not sure, it seems like different, random things can bug people with AS. I would just ask her straight up what annoys her. Being blunt would probably work well.

New Threads

Top Bottom