• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No control

Tcx

Beginner.
V.I.P Member
soooo currently I've been discontinuously in a state of having no control over my thoughts or my body for days. like my body would curl up in a way it desires and i can't control it(more than being rigid.) i'm constantly like sticking in a 3rd(third-person) perspective and couldn't do stuff. sometimes i have memories and sometimes i don't(confirmed by others). Not really in the meaning of being dissociated since i have plenty of experience of dissociation. like it(the body) belongs to someone else. or something else. i just...err scream and scream and write my diary. i can interpret some sentences but not all. i was writing "everything is fake. i'm dreaming. it's not going to solve the problem. twitching. here is mine" something like that.

it happened a lot before(1-8 years before, or more but i cant confirm) but in recent months it's my first time splitting myself like this. it's disturbing and time consuming and horrifying. also i don't take any recreational drugs. and i have some memories of me seeing and hearing. it's like i was being possessed hahaha. i'm pretty sure this isn't an ASD thing so i post it in the off-topic category. anyway should i have my now psychiatrist checked it for me or not? since the last psychiatrist said it's plainly normal if the voices weren't from outside for which i'm 100% sure the voices i heard were from the inner side. i have these "switches/voices" very long time ago. ahahaha i dont know maybe someone here can help me somehow. please thanks!

If you are worrying about this, it may be good to check what your doctor thinks. It sounds unusual and uncomfortable. Do you have medications that help with this?

Video yourself and see what you think when it's over. Does sound like you've lost yourself. It is a physical world and your vehicle is a physical body here, so no point wishing otherwise, maybe you need to make peace with your body, it's the only one you got and you can do a lot with it.

I had a small version of this happen (i think) when I sprained an ankle, it lost the brain-body autopilot connection and wouldn't sync with movement, quick visit to a physiotherapist got it back in sync, it involved exercises with eyes closed.

Video yourself and see what you think when it's over. Does sound like you've lost yourself. It is a physical world and your vehicle is a physical body here, so no point wishing otherwise, maybe you need to make peace with your body, it's the only one you got and you can do a lot with it.
in before i had myself record my voice right after i had a whole set of switches with stiff body and played it to my first psychiatrist. i remembered she didn't give a damned. she didn't even finish the record. sadly i probably cant video myself during the switches cus i would lose the control over my body. i can try though. thanks for the suggestion!

If you are worrying about this, it may be good to check what your doctor thinks. It sounds unusual and uncomfortable. Do you have medications that help with this?
thanks. i didn't know that it's an usual experience. ill call my therapist first and ask her if i should have my appointment with my psychiatrist earlier this time.

New Threads

Top Bottom