• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nintendo Switch- multiple players question

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
If I have a Nintendo Switch, can I play with a friend remotely who has a Nintendo Switch games like Super Mario Brothers 3 that can be for 2 players?

Could we also watch each other play Castlevania I?

Is Kid Dracula on the Nintendo Switch?

How about Battle City?

What about New Super Mario Bros. Wii and U, New Super Luigi U, and Super Mario 3D World which all seem to be multiplayer cooperative Mario games?
Which Super Mario games can you play co-op multiplayer? : Mario

Thank you.

How to play NES games online with friends on your Switch

I dont know about the watching bit. I doubt it can do that. That's hard to do even on PCs. Steam for instance can do it, but it tends to be glitchy and weird.

As for the two games you mention, Kid Dracula and Battle City, the answer is no.

Those games would not be considered very profitable. The current list of games is almost entirely big sellers, things that are already quite popular. There are a few "niche" games on there, but.... those are on the more well-known side of the niche market, such as Solomon's Key or Star Soldier.

Battle City in particular is so niche that almost nobody even knows what it is.

Here's the other thing to keep in mind though: Even after all these years, Nintendo still doesnt really "get" the internet. They never did, and they probably never will.

In other words: internet connections with their games are legendarily unreliable. Expect it to fail. Often. Major lag and disconnections. Even if your own personal internet connection is just fantastic, it will still do that fairly often. Never expect that a multiplayer session will work right.

As for the Mario games: Generally not. The NES selection may have that type of remote play, but for anything else... the game in question must have that function by default. Built in, I mean. As far as I know, the only Mario game that works online is Super Mario Maker 2. If a game has online capabilities, it will be listed on the back of the box, or on it's store page.

This helps tremendously Misery! So, essentially, the best one can do is:

1. have such an emulation through a PC that somehow allows this to happen remotely,

2. or I screen share my screen
A. and then let the other player take control when it's their turn
I. for two player games that go one at a time.
a. and the other players has a controller pad as well as me
b. or we both know the keyboard commands or some combination thereof

:/

How to play NES games online with friends on your Switch

I dont know about the watching bit. I doubt it can do that. That's hard to do even on PCs. Steam for instance can do it, but it tends to be glitchy and weird.

As for the two games you mention, Kid Dracula and Battle City, the answer is no.

Those games would not be considered very profitable. The current list of games is almost entirely big sellers, things that are already quite popular. There are a few "niche" games on there, but.... those are on the more well-known side of the niche market, such as Solomon's Key or Star Soldier.

Battle City in particular is so niche that almost nobody even knows what it is.

Here's the other thing to keep in mind though: Even after all these years, Nintendo still doesnt really "get" the internet. They never did, and they probably never will.

In other words: internet connections with their games are legendarily unreliable. Expect it to fail. Often. Major lag and disconnections. Even if your own personal internet connection is just fantastic, it will still do that fairly often. Never expect that a multiplayer session will work right.

As for the Mario games: Generally not. The NES selection may have that type of remote play, but for anything else... the game in question must have that function by default. Built in, I mean. As far as I know, the only Mario game that works online is Super Mario Maker 2. If a game has online capabilities, it will be listed on the back of the box, or on it's store page.

Since this thread was posted, they added Castlevania Collection to Steam (Save 75% on Castlevania Anniversary Collection on Steam ) including Kid Dracula translated into English. It is 4.99 right now until 7.8.21. Normally goes for 19.99.
Discord or Steam could be streamed so that another person/people could watch you play it or vice versa. I wouldn't recommend trying to allow someone else to play the game on your computer remotely as there's usually too much of a lag. It also requires a significant amount of trust and technical know-how if someone acts up on the other end, but it can be a good way to build up/continue a connection with others if you find other people on that groove too. Certainly worked well in a pandemic situation. Interactive fiction games (slow paced) tend to work best with this kind of dynamic.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom