1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Niece Bragging Corner

Discussion in 'Friends, Family & Social Skills' started by Riley, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Riley

Riley Well-Known Member

I've decided to create this thread so I can brag about my 9-year old niece. In a way, making up for my crappy treatment of her. Feel free to talk about your own nieces and nephews here, as well.

• She's a interior designer in-the-making.
    • Nothing that worries me seems to phase her.
    • She can beat me at Mortal Kombat XL.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

One of my Nieces is twenty. She's lived all over the world, born in africa when my sister was on a four year job assignment. She looks quite a lot like Kim K. Speaks several languages, including mandarin.
    Wanted to design clothes, but eventually chose a government job. Lives with her boyfriend and an enormous great dane. She sings with an amazingly clear soprano voice, and drives a big harley with a side-car for the great dane:p

She's a bit of a brat. We don't really get along.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Kirsty

Kirsty Well-Known Member

Mandarin? :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lula1989

Lula1989 Active Member

Sorry - I don't understand the humor?

5. Mia

She's used a crying emoji because my niece can speak mandarin, which makes her sad because she can't or perhaps wants or wanted to at one time. But I don't think it's a real sadness, more like frustration and not true sadness which makes me smile. Sometimes we say were sad, but it's something else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kirsty

Kirsty Well-Known Member

No, Mia’s incorrect. It’s a laughing emoji. (crying with laughter) And I find it funny because ‘mandarin’ is a fruit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fridgemagnetman

Fridgemagnetman I only have one V.I.P Member

I know a sweay sentence in mandarin. No idea what it means but was able to use it once in a relevant context.
    And how about that for being irrelevant?

But do you laugh at all fruit?
    Perhaps if you spoke kumquat like lucy does?

But people lover their neices to pieces

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mia

You realize it's also a language? Not just a fruit?

Mandarin (/ˈmændərɪn, -drɪn/ ( listen); simplified Chinese: 官话; traditional Chinese: 官話; pinyin: Guānhuà; literally: "speech of officials") is a group of related varieties of Chinese spoken across most of northern and southwestern China. ... Most Mandarin varieties have four tones.

9. Kirsty

Kirsty Well-Known Member

I didn’t before, but I do now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Idahocalypse

Idahocalypse Ravenpaw

I'm sad to say that I don't actually know very much about my nieces and nephews. But I just want them to know that I love them all very much, and I will continue to love them and be proud of them no matter what happens or where life takes them.