• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nicknames I give to different parts of my brain.

Nervous Rex

High-functioning autistic
V.I.P Member
There is the emotional part that triggers anxiety, no matter how I reason through things. Because it seems like it can't be trained or reasoned with, I call that part of my brain my "my reptile brain."

There is also the part that provides me instant answers to unasked questions. Mention one phrase or word and it will come up with a dozen possibly related facts, thoughts, or memories. Sometimes it provides the answer to a math problem before I have even finished reading the entire problem. I've decided to call that "my head Google."

Got any names, yourselves?

Well, there's the part that repeats bits of music or random strings of game footage when I'm trying to sleep, I call that part "UGH SHUT UP".

I have an adult side and a [tween?] side. I was going to go with "Fat Man" & "Little Boy," but it seems to freak out too many people...
full

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of parts of my brain, so much as aspects of who I am. Definitely a range of people, which I think of as normal or normal ish, to have varied aspects of self. But I also wonder if it's a bit more marked for those with Autism? As greater ability to disassociate is a potential characteristic. I don't have names for these aspects though. They are part people, not whole people. But definitely varied ages, as @Crossbreed says.

They are part people, not whole people. But definitely varied ages, as @Crossbreed says.

I also contain a 14-year-old boy that still snickers at fart jokes and other immature and stupid humor. The boy doesn't have a name, but I picture him looking something like Beevis or Butthead.

I picture him looking something like Beevis or Butthead.
Yes. My 'inner child' persona is somewhat younger than yours but those 2 definitely made me laugh. Ren & Stimpy fits better with my sense of sick humour. Hilarious. Ren is the confident, sarcastic me, as I would wish to be, as is Cartman from South Park. Unfortunately, I am more a Stimpy/Kenny in RL ☺

I apperently inherited a elf like part that l tone down or completely cut off. This elf like part can be unnegotiable and at the most hardcore mins before an nuclear explosion - this will pop out and find something totally ludicrous to poke fun at. And it can be crass, or intelligent humor, so l believe it is reptilian. I have other parts that pop out in extreme duress and handle things. Don't know what to call them. The Mod Squad, l will christen them that title.

Last edited:
I think I may have ADHD as well as ASD, so one part of my brain is saying I'm bored! More! Gimme! Try this! And the other half is screaming, noo...!!! Too much! Can't do it! I always called this my push-pull before I knew I have ASD. Attracted and repelled at the same time.

Usually I just call my whole brain evil, but other times I'll imagine my left-brain arguing with my right-brain.

Left-brain: What is that you're drawing? A talking hippopotamus in a dress? Ridiculous, you know animals can't talk and don't wear clothes.

Right-brain: I can draw whatever I want, even if it's not something that's true to real life. I'm having fun being creative and using my imagination.

Left-brain: But you're going to make yourself think that animals can be anthropomorphic, and that will make you look weird. And people will think you take mind-altering substances in order to draw that.

Right-brain: You are so boring.:tonguewink:
Left-brain: You are so highly illogical.:angry:
Right-brain: Tell Mr. Spock I said hello.:smirk:

Last edited:
Like it or not, my father did that for me as a kid.

"Port, starboard, bow and stern." Not much of a surprise. o_O

New Threads

Top Bottom