• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

"Newly Diagnosed... What next?" - New Autistamatic Video

Autistamatic

He's just this guy, you know?
V.I.P Member
Hi all

I have just uploaded the second Autistamatic Video: "Newly Diagnosed...What Next?".

I realise this is two videos in very quick succession, but I wanted there to be more than one video on the channel at this early stage. It takes me 10-14 days to find the time to complete these and I will post them here first every time.

As always, the emphasis is on adult autism, particularly those of us with Asperger's or HFA. This video concerns things you may want to think about after receiving an adult diagnosis. @Night Owl this is the one I mentioned when you posted your thread a few days ago.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and please like and/or subscribe to the channel to help Autistamatic grow and reach a wider audience.

Hi all

I have just uploaded the second Autistamatic Video: "Newly Diagnosed...What Next?".

I realise this is two videos in very quick succession, but I wanted there to be more than one video on the channel at this early stage. It takes me 10-14 days to find the time to complete these and I will post them here first every time.

As always, the emphasis is on adult autism, particularly those of us with Asperger's or HFA. This video concerns things you may want to think about after receiving an adult diagnosis. @Night Owl this is the one I mentioned when you posted your thread a few days ago.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and please like and/or subscribe to the channel to help Autistamatic grow and reach a wider audience.

Wow....this was really informative and showed a great deal of depth. Not just the run-of-the-mill video on autism. It's also by someone who has dealt with this for a long time, someone who has gone through it. I really appreciate these videos and will watch them all! I am inspired to be more Autistamatic .....but will be cautious about revealing it!

Excellent!!! I see no need to change a thing. And I love how you're directing your videos to those on the spectrum in an attempt to guide and help. Thanks so much for doing these.

Very well written and presented. The background images and music enhance and illustrate the presention without distracting the listener too much.

Thank you for the encouraging comments and for taking the time to watch :D

Another version aimed at children/tweens might be helpful.

I understand where you're coming from, but that's not something I feel qualified to do. I don't have children of my own and it's been a LONG time since I was a child myself - the landscape has changed so much since then. Additionally there is way more coverage of autism and Asperger's in children in the media than there is for adults. Since I AM an adult and see things from an adult perspective I feel I've got more to offer in that particular space.

Additionally there is way more coverage of autism and Asperger's in children in the media than there is for adults.
I agree about the need for adult dialogue, but kids are getting fed the "autism is a disease" rhetoric meant for those with severe co-morbid conditions, even if they don't have such.

I see your point @Crossbreed and it's a good one. At this point in time I lack the confidence to speak with any authority on issues relating to children in the current climate. It's an area I still have much to learn about and is handled very differently country by country.
I have only just launched this channel and I hope for it to be successful both in popularity and in improving understanding. In the long term I would be interested in doing some collaborative work with others and perhaps to conduct interviews with people that are relevant to our issues. Thanks to the internet we can now do such things without having to travel. Autistic children become autistic adults and if Autistamatic as a channel can offer any solace or guidance to children on the spectrum and their families, I'd love to do so, but only when I can be certain I have something constructive to offer.
Any member of this forum is welcome to message me if they have a story to tell, a point they'd like me to raise or wants to point me in the direction of useful resources.

What I had to do was get an Autism specific care company (Thorne House Services for Autism), to take care of my day to day social and other needs, was good for abiut 6 years until something I can't discuss happened and I had to drop their support.

I would kind of like to see a second part of this discussing the feelings and emotions you may go through when you are diagnosed late. I'm wanting and will start a thread on this topic.

That's a very good idea Pats and one I'd be happy to cover. I was diagnosed a long time ago so my own situation is different, but I'm very interested to hear it from other people's perspective. I have done some reading on the topic but have not found much information to hand.

That's a very good idea Pats and one I'd be happy to cover. I was diagnosed a long time ago so my own situation is different, but I'm very interested to hear it from other people's perspective. I have done some reading on the topic but have not found much information to hand.
Here - I got you started with my own thoughts and feelings. Hope you find it useful. I found it satisfying to release some of these thoughts. :)

I have to say...I'm impressed by the quality of your videos so far. The presentation is very much professional, the disclaimer is a great idea, and it's definitely a change of pace from what I've seen.

Excellent work! :)

I have watched both of your videos today, and am very keen to see where your channel goes! This video is especially useful to me considering how recent my diagnosis was, it has given me a lot to think about when it comes to disclosing my diagnosis as I go forward.
The music in this video I find is a bit easier on the ears than in the previous one, and the the quality of editing makes it a pleasure to watch. I'm going to subscribe, as I can already feel that this is going to be useful for exploring the facets of autism that I'm not clear on in the future.
Keep up the good work

Amazing video! Your video quality and passion on the subject truly shines through, comparable to professional channels.

New Threads

Top Bottom