• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Mori

Hello everyone~

I'm Mori, and just starting my journey into really diving deep into who I am. Due to some early life events, I grew up thinking I had depression and anxiety. Which may still be the case, but I'm realizing there's likely something much deeper that has informed how I think and act. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with doctors taking me seriously or even really listening to me, but one day I hope to have the strength to pursue a diagnosis.

My down time usually has me playing video games or crafting. I've done a bit of knitting throughout the years but lately have taken to embroidery & cross stitch. I enjoy all kinds of anime, TV shows, and movies too! I truly am so excited to have the chance to talk with you all about what things you enjoy as well.

Thank you for being part of a community that I feel safe joining! Especially for being so welcoming and patient with self diagnosing people like me.

welcome to af.png

Welcome @Mori, and feel free to show off your embroideries in the interests threads. I started knitting a bit a few years ago, but then ended up not having the time for it. I should probably start again, now that I have a bit more time...

Thank you @Nitro !

Ohhh, I hope you do enjoy getting back into knitting @Stuttermabolur , I guess depending on your home hemisphere, now might be a great time to start or a really early time to prep for the colder seasons. :sweatsmile: I only ever got the knack of scarves, hats, and arm warmers. Larger pieces like sweaters always seemed so daunting!

I really appreciate you pointing me in a good direction @Forest Cat ~ I always like seeing what other people make.

Hi and welcome. Plenty of us are OK about being self diagnosed ourselves, some feeling we are too far on in life to pursue diagnosis. I am of that opinion, can't see any point, for me. However, many here are diagnosed. Diagnosis isnt always straightforward especially for females, who tend to have learned more masking and/or social skills as they grow up. The criteria were based around male presentation of autism, so that has for a long time prevented easy recognition of women on the spectrum.

I often suggest to look at Jessica Kingsley publishers catalogue for texts by women with Autism and clinicians about this, there's been a lot recently, as this issue has become apparent.

Hope you will get plenty of ideas, information and some companionship out of being here!

:sunflower::bee::sunflower::beetle::sunflower:

Welcome to the forums.

Your hobbies sound interesting and I hope you can share some photos or something about them.
I used to make Dream Catchers and Ojos De Dios wall hangings. Native American displays.
A lot of things happened that changed my life arrangements and I haven't had the time to continue
either for several years.
Maybe someday again!

Glad you found us and joined. :)

Hello everyone~

I'm Mori, and just starting my journey into really diving deep into who I am. Due to some early life events, I grew up thinking I had depression and anxiety. Which may still be the case, but I'm realizing there's likely something much deeper that has informed how I think and act. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with doctors taking me seriously or even really listening to me, but one day I hope to have the strength to pursue a diagnosis.

My down time usually has me playing video games or crafting. I've done a bit of knitting throughout the years but lately have taken to embroidery & cross stitch. I enjoy all kinds of anime, TV shows, and movies too! I truly am so excited to have the chance to talk with you all about what things you enjoy as well.

Thank you for being part of a community that I feel safe joining! Especially for being so welcoming and patient with self diagnosing people like me.

I like transformers. Hi, also. Hope you have fun times.

Welcome! I wonder if self diagnosers count as having DIY skills... :)

Which are your favourite videogames/animes?

New Threads

Top Bottom