• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Year's Eve and nothing to do...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
As we all know we are in all out cold snap this year...

New Year's Eve has arrived and it's -29 Celsius! Shiver...

In recent years through my street photography I have always simply gone to the official city party downtown and done street photography, on "the hunt" for fun photo opportunities... Given the cold weather all outdoor stuff has been cancelled, which makes sense...

Given that I'm a typical Aspie, I don't have a party to go anyway, because I always do a street photography New Year's Eve, and right now I'm just at home getting bored... I do have friends who are doing things tonight, my one friend often goes to a party or two, something I've never really wanted to do...

Plus I have to work at 8 AM tomorrow morning anyway, still feeling like I suck, pretty much... There was one year with no planned party downtown by the city, but it was warm enough to go for a street wander... This year? None of that... :eek:

I feel ya man. I am staying in by myself and putting a puzzle together lol. Actually, I usually wouldn't mind doing that, but my loneliness seems to be exponentially worse during holidays. And seems to just continue to get worse and worse as I age. I'm not sure what -29 degrees Celcius converts to but that sounds awful. It has been much colder than usual where I am at as will with a wind chill of about 30 below farenheidt

Just phoned a friend, he went to photograph some fireworks at 6:30, said it was frigid, that it just simply makes sense, as much as I'm hating it!

I feel ya man. I am staying in by myself and putting a puzzle together lol. Actually, I usually wouldn't mind doing that, but my loneliness seems to be exponentially worse during holidays. And seems to just continue to get worse and worse as I age. I'm not sure what -29 degrees Celcius converts to but that sounds awful. It has been much colder than usual where I am at as will with a wind chill of about 30 below farenheidt

That means it's very cold!

I also have this bad habit of thinking that one bad day will lead to another... Like if we have to work New Year's Day (first time ever), it will simply be a bad trend for the whole year, and I should never think that way...

I also have this bad habit of thinking that one bad day will lead to another.
Yeah I think I do this too. I generally have way to much negativity, but it is really difficult to change now deeply ingrained thoughts and feelings.

I never cared much for special days and the associated expectation stress. The best days are usually the most unexpected ones anyway. New Years Eve just another night, New Years Day just another day. The change of years, just something to trip me up. But now if donuts are involved, that is different. ;)

I never cared much for special days and the associated expectation stress. The best days are usually the most unexpected ones anyway. New Years Eve just another night, New Years Day just another day. The change of years, just something to trip me up. But now if donuts are involved, that is different. ;)

I know what you mean, for me New Year's Eve is a photography night, when the fireworks go off, I'm often photographing the people who are watching the fireworks... This whole cold snap is getting to me, including the fact that my I work mega overtime hours at work after Christmas, it's just stressing me out... And one of my enjoyable things this time of year is to go photograph New Year's Eve, which has been taken away from me this year!

I don't really care about New Years, the only thing that's important to me is that I call my grandparents and that I get to kiss my boyfriend at midnight. The rest is optional. However, this year I had to stay in bed because I'm ill, and my boyfriend had to work at his bar, so I felt doubly terrible. I'm now waiting for my boyfriend to finish working and come home to me, but it might be a while still.

Hi! I feel you. My boss had originally scheduled me to work, and then last minute changed the schedule so I would be working Christmas instead of New Year's. I did not get to see my family for any holidays this year. I just found out my ex is dating a new girl on Christmas Eve. And though I was invited to join my friends for a NYE trip to New Orleans, it was too late for me to make arrangements because of the short notice. It sucks. I'm feeling down, and I'm not really sure how to get out of the rut. When I wake up in the mornings, there's a few minutes of peace before I remember all the things plaguing my mind and then struggle to get up.

I don't know your exact struggle, but know you are not alone in your thoughts. Happy New Year.

I consider it a bonus having nothing to do on this night.

No social obligations to fulfill and spend the following day recovering from the effects of stress.

Twas a night like any other.
It went dark, the temp' dropped, I was warm and comfortable indoors, I have to remember to write 2018 if I sign and date any forms from now on.

I was asked to accompany the man I am living with to dinner at a fancy restaurant. He's always wanting to eat out like that and wants company.
He used a $100 gift certificate he received for Christmas from an old friend in Colorado.
Even with reservations it was still too crowded and so much noise. At least it wasn't partyish or wild since it was top class kind of people.
I've learned to grin and bear it though pretty well.
That's all I did then watched the dropping ball on the TV.
That's kind of a New Years tradition for me.

I can confirm that -29 is indeed face-slappingly cold. That was my first time in that climate and I got to see a lot of mule deer. It was hard to breathe when I took my partner's kids on a walk to the store. After that we packed up and flew back to our province but our flight was delayed 2.5 hours so we got back pretty late. I'm sleeping at my partner's dad's house for the night and feigning interest in Reno 911, but overall it's one of my better new year's. Usually it's boo years.

I wasn't exactly inundated with invitations, but I was feeling pretty tired anyway so was quite happy to stay home and have a quiet night. I was watching a new years show from Sydney Opera house but got too tired to stay awake for the fireworks by about 11.30.
Then just after I fell asleep some nearby neighbor had their own fireworks which woke me with a terrible jolt. Considering I live in a small village and amateur fireworks are banned here I it came as a bit of a shock!
But then I couldn't get back to sleep and finally had to resort to taking a sleep med hours later.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! :confused:

Alone? We are here! AC is my party. Heh. I feel no shame.

Happy New Year! (Or New Year's Greetings if you are not having a happy start.)

I myself just drank wine with ginger syrup and went to bed before midnight. *shrug*

I went to bed at 9:30 or 10:00, but woke up for some reason. I think the cold kept the yahoos from being out in their yards shooting off guns, so it was an unusually quiet New Year's this year. Tomorrow I'm making crock-pot lasagna, but that's the extent of my celebration.
It was about 5F out when this yahoo went outside and unloaded a full magazine into his poor defenseless yard :p

One of the many reasons I'm glad Australia doesn't have a gun culture!

Like most others, it was just another night of sitting in my chair, binge-watching whatever and cross stitching. I did stop to watch the Disney World fireworks online, but those broadcasted an hour early for my time zone, so by the time midnight rolled around, I had forgotten and was still watching and stitching and didn't even notice. For the record, did the same at Christmas (and Thanksgiving for that matter). The best thing about being and "adult" is the ability to be able to tell your family that you are not coming to holiday events and they can't make you!

New Threads

Top Bottom