• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this journey

MissCait

Hello.

A strong desire to understand and help my daughter through sensory struggles has led me to this site. We do not have an official ASD or SPD diagnosis, though she does have several markers and we have several Aspergers diagnoses in our family (which have only recently been brought to light for me). Since making a major move in August of last year, my 6 year old daughter has shown an increase of sensory processing issues as well as emotional outbursts and non-verbal moments of upset. It's been truly heartbreaking to see her go through emotional and social struggles and not know how to help her. My friend and housemate suggested that I find a group for people walking linear paths to ours.

As I have been researching Autism and Sensory Processing, I am finding that I hit many of the markers myself. I am honestly relieved to have an answer as to why I process things in certain ways and need to have things "just so". It has also been helpful in finding ways to relate to my daughter and how she processes the world.

We have been on this journey for nearly 6 months and the upsets come and go. I'm hoping to find a place in the community for peace of mind, a healthy outlook and suggestions on how to help my daughter live her fullest and happiest life.

Cait

Welcome Cait to the autism forum. There's lots of information here that will be of help. And any questions that you wish to ask, will be answered. ^‿^

Hi MissCait :)

welcome to af.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Welcome Miss Cait.
Have a look around - there are lots of threads which can give you helpful info

New Threads

Top Bottom