• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New sub-forum suggestions

Would you like/use the following subforums?

• Food and cooking

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Reading and writing

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • DIY (do it yourself projects)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Current affairs (including crime)

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Mysteries

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Rectify

V.I.P Member
I would love to see the following sub-forums:

1. Food/cooking, and
2. Reading/writing.

They seem like they are 'missing' because vis art, movies and music are covered, and we all eat :p

This is a great suggestion. Maybe doing a poll on this, ex; would you read and comment on food thread?

That sounds like a good idea but I don't know how to do polls. Set them up, I mean. :/

How about something like "DIY" or "shop talk" ? Something that covers all sorts of things like cars, woodwork, metalwork, house projects, garage projects.... Most things along those lines I wouldn't exactly consider science and technology. I know me and Nitro are into that but I wonder how many more.

That sounds like a good idea but I don't know how to do polls. Set them up, I mean. :/
go to for instance introduce yourself! at the top right hand side nearer to the middle ,it says create new thread !click on that !when you get about a 3rd to halfway down the page ,you see create a poll ,then you decide what to put into the poll!?:)

I would love to see the following sub-forums:

1. Food/cooking, and
2. Reading/writing.

They seem like they are 'missing' because vis art, movies and music are covered, and we all eat :p
i’d like talking about relatives who have been ill or died it would be good because it triggers people so they would know whether to go there or not ,I find it very hard to understand what is called ‘general’ like just relatives or friends ,that is very ,very hard to understand.

How about something like "DIY" or "shop talk" ? Something that covers all sorts of things like cars, woodwork, metalwork, house projects, garage projects.... Most things along those lines I wouldn't exactly consider science and technology. I know me and Nitro are into that but I wonder how many more.

Great idea!

Would it cover craft projects too do you think? It's hard to know where to draw the line. For instance craft can be like art and we have a visual art forum...but in some ways it's not art at all - it's a different animal altogether.

By the way, all, I don't know whether this forum gets updated. I just thought I'd suggest these things but I don't know if it's possible :p

i’d like talking about relatives who have been ill or died it would be good because it triggers people so they would know whether to go there or not ,I find it very hard to understand what is called ‘general’ like just relatives or friends ,that is very ,very hard to understand.
@Streetwise do you think discussions on death - which I find really helpful too, btw - could they go in the closed (members only) forum under Adulthood or Serious discussion?

@Streetwise do you think discussions on death - which I find really helpful too, btw - could they go in the closed (members only) forum under Adulthood or Serious discussion?
I don’t honestly know I don’t have the perception to know things like that, by the way at certain times I will say as I am going to now my iPad drives me nuts

Last edited:
I don’t honestly know I don’t have the perception to know things like that, by the way at certain times I will say as I am going to now my iPad drives me nuts
My phone drives me nuts too. It has a badly cracked screen and I have to move things around on the screen so I can see them properly.

can’t believe it’s bleep,bleep ,bleep done it again ,and it’s done it again just now, and again !Decided to spell now correctly this time ,Why G~d why

My phone drives me nuts too. It has a badly cracked screen and I have to move things around on the screen so I can see them properly.
Do you have a screen protector you can take on and off ,it’s good to get used to the fact that you will just drop things !and cover them as much as you can ,I’ve got a cover specifically for an iPad,Still I am a manufacturers dream

Do you have a screen protector you can take on and off ,it’s good to get used to the fact that you will just drop things !and cover them as much as you can ,I’ve got a cover specifically for an iPad,Still I am a manufacturers dream

I had one of those covers like a wallet on my phone when I did all this damage to it (in three separate incidents). Every time I dropped it the cover would fall open and the phone would fall right on it's glass face :(

Now I've switched to a heavy duty cover and I hope to get some more use out this phone before I upgrade. When I upgrade I'm going to put an otterbox or something else like that on my phone right from the start. Clearly dropping is a problem for me :/

Great idea!

Would it cover craft projects too do you think? It's hard to know where to draw the line. For instance craft can be like art and we have a visual art forum...but in some ways it's not art at all - it's a different animal altogether.

I suppose if something is designed to be functional in some way then it would fit. If it's a drawing, painting, etc. something strictly to be looked at then maybe visual art. Some may straddle the line and it would be fine whichever forum it shows up in.

I had one of those covers like a wallet on my phone when I did all this damage to it (in three separate incidents). Every time I dropped it the cover would fall open and the phone would fall right on it's glass face :(

Now I've switched to a heavy duty cover and I hope to get some more use out this phone before I upgrade. When I upgrade I'm going to put an otterbox or something else like that on my phone right from the start. Clearly dropping is a problem for me :/
remember it’s a problem for everybody that’s autistic ,not just you ,also probably people that have Brain disorders -I always remember this poor paediatric doctor in Miami called Marnie Rose ,who had a brain tumour, she lived for working at the paediatric hospital! but the tumour paralysed her left arm and her immune system was compromised. It was so sad to see her arm hanging down ,I don’t even think she was 30 when she died ,her parents pleaded with her to give up work! as she kept getting infections!,She was like my mother ,she wouldn’t stop working either, it took Lou Gehrig’s disease (motor neurone disease)to stop her and that was only because her speech became slurred,I’ve said before ,I was terrified when my mother fell over ,I think that’s when the Lou Gehrig’s disease was getting to her legs ,it started in her head, at the time I knew nothing about it, even worse ,she was behind a locked door and the wooden clothes airer fell on her.

New Threads

Top Bottom