• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New shows, movies and books

LostInSilentHill

Terrible Gaurdian Angel
I find that a lot of people get upset with me when I don't watch the show/movie they recommend or read a book that they wanted me to read. They say that I am not trusting their opinion on media or something.

I only watch things I've seem before and have a very difficult time even trying to get into something new. It's not that the shows/movie doesn't sound interesting (though sometimes it doesn't) but I get upset and irritated when I try to watch new things, even if I want to.

What should I do? Is there something I can say so they stop getting upset at me? Also, why are they so emotional about it in the first place? My mother is the worst for this.

why would it bother you? just watch what you want.

your not there puppet.

tell them its not your job to like their recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I am in this situation I just say something along the lines of "thanks for the recommendation, I'm sure it's great and I will definitely keep it in mind for the future, but it's just not the sort of thing I'm into I'm into at the moment." People tend to understand simple differences in taste better than just not liking new things.

New Threads

Top Bottom