• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member saying hello!

Jimmy Porter

Hello,
My name is Jimmy. I am 14 years old and would love to find people around my age to have chats with in this safe environment.
I like football (Arsenal fan), music and walking and I have autism.

upload_2021-1-11_12-27-17.png

Welcome Jimmy. I am one of those "old dudes" on the forum. There are plenty of us "older" people with autism that can be a valuable resource for you. We've "been there, done that". We also come from a generation where there was no such thing as an autism spectrum, Asperger's, ADD, ADHD, or many of the other "D's". Many of us were diagnosed as adults. I wasn't until I was over 50 years of age,...I know,...sounds a bit strange, but like a lot of us, we have "masked" for so long, it just became a part of who we were, despite the dangers of "loosing oneself" in the attempt to fit in. Growing up was a lot different, for better or worse. Sometimes not having a diagnosis was to our advantage,...and sometimes it wasn't. At any rate, from what I have seen posted here,...it is a safe place.

Welcome Jimmy. I am one of those "old dudes" on the forum. There are plenty of us "older" people with autism that can be a valuable resource for you. We've "been there, done that". We also come from a generation where there was no such thing as an autism spectrum, Asperger's, ADD, ADHD, or many of the other "D's". Many of us were diagnosed as adults. I wasn't until I was over 50 years of age,...I know,...sounds a bit strange, but like a lot of us, we have "masked" for so long, it just became a part of who we were, despite the dangers of "loosing oneself" in the attempt to fit in. Growing up was a lot different, for better or worse. Sometimes not having a diagnosis was to our advantage,...and sometimes it wasn't. At any rate, from what I have seen posted here,...it is a safe place.[/QUOTEhello nice to meet u

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find plenty of interesting discussions.

:speedboat::surfer::rowboat::sailboat::bluecar::taxi::car::lorry::bicyclist::tractor::walking:

Hey you, nice to meet up. Plenty of posts to read here. This place has been very helpful. Hope you find it the same.

Welcome! Walks are great, whether a casual stroll around town, in a park, or even a competitive racewalk.

Welcome Jimmy Porter!

From another been there done that old geezer that wasn't diagnosed until
in my 50's.
Contact me anytime if you wish. I have a lifetime of experiences. :rolleyes:

Welcome Jimmy Porter!

From another been there done that old geezer that wasn't diagnosed until
in my 50's.
Contact me anytime if you wish. I have a lifetime of experiences. :rolleyes:

That made me laugh. l keep relearning the same things over and over. lol

New Threads

Top Bottom