• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION

Small Talker

Hello fellow aspies. I wasn't diagnosed with the condition until I was in my late 50's. Keeping a job for an extended period of time has been a big challenge for me. Employers often think I'm too slow to catch on. It's really my slow mental processing speed. I am capable of doing the work when given enough time and with a supportive boss.

I never did like social interactions so I shy away from parties, family gatherings, and large crowds.

It will be interesting to hear about the struggles of other aspie members.

Welcome aboard :)
I feel the same as you wrote, socially. Also had a later diagnosis (in early 30s) and difficulty maintaining jobs. I am inconsistent with processing, at work. Sometimes slow sometimes very fast, depending on the environment at a given time.
Glad you found us
Best wishes

full

Last edited:
Hi Small Talker Welcome to our commubnity. We share some traits; I would say I am a slow thinker too, in some situations. In others, I can have lightening speed of thought & nail something well ahead of other people. It's these paradoxes that I'm quite interested in. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom