• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New member here. Hello, all.

RiversideSix

I discovered this website while searching for articles about autism and people who pretend to be your friend, or mistaking an acquaintance for a true friend because that person perpetuates the fraud rather than telling you that they don't see you the same way. That's one of the issues I am still struggling to work through (identifying things as they are, not as I want them to be).

I grew up in the Midwest United States, then moved to the West Coast, where I met someone and got married. We live with our cat and no children. I hope I can fit in here and become a thriving member of this community. It's one of the better ones I've visited, and I've been online for a long time.

upload_2020-9-9_10-54-27.png

A warm welcome, i find here........ safe, friendly and useful i hope you have those experiences as well.

Hello
This place will rock your socks, flip your hair, and deliver you safely. May you find enlightment here says the Austitic Buddha or something like that.

I discovered this website while searching for articles about autism and people who pretend to be your friend, or mistaking an acquaintance for a true friend because that person perpetuates the fraud rather than telling you that they don't see you the same way. That's one of the issues I am still struggling to work through (identifying things as they are, not as I want them to be).

I grew up in the Midwest United States, then moved to the West Coast, where I met someone and got married. We live with our cat and no children. I hope I can fit in here and become a thriving member of this community. It's one of the better ones I've visited, and I've been online for a long time.
Hello RiversideSix

Congratulations on discovering this website and welcome. I have trouble with people who pretend to be your friend, or mistaking an acquaintance for a true friend, it's caused some difficulties in my time.
Your intuition will tell you who is a true friend, better few friends rather than bad ones, better no company rather than bad company.

Aww you have a cat, a lot of Aspies love cats. You will be made welcome here and I am sure you will fit in and become a thriving member of this community.
Sorry you just discovered it but better late than never.

New Threads

Top Bottom