• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Linguistic exchange with french family

Didier

Hello,
My name is Didier, I am 45 years old and I live in France in Versailles near Paris. Thanks to my children's diagnoses, I self-diagnosed with Asperger's autism.
I am married and the father of 4 children, 2 of whom are recognized as having Asperger's autism.
Kilian, 14, wants to become bilingual and learn the English language perfectly. For that, we are looking for a family who would accept to receive our son during 2 or 3 weeks of July or August in 2 or 3 years. And we would receive the teenager from the host family in our home.
I think a teenager with the same characteristics as our son would be ideal.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Bonjour Didier.

Welcome to the Forums.
Looking at your post you might want to change the title to something that suggests a bit more clearly what the essence of the post is about. (We have a lot of new people in here and your post might get lost in the mass of introductory posts. )

Bonjour!

Can't help you with your particular question, but just to say that I live in France too, but in the Brittany area.

I assume you are French? If so, wow, your English is amazing and wish I could say the same for my French lol

I received my formal diagnosis in France, which is most unusual for an adult female to get diagnosed.

welcome to af.png

Good luck!! I lived in Finland as an au pair after high school. After a tough family life, it helped me feel "normal" and valued. Thank you for considering our forum. There are some resorts in the US that will take a young adult for a summer and employ them. I came across this in Wisconsin at the Dells, a popular water slide area. There some restaurants that hire such because they need dependable help in the summer months. They supply room and board. Another option might be au pair, some families will hire for a year to have help around the house and learn French, and will supply room and board, and maybe health insurance. Check au pair sites online. I actually had to drive in England, because l also au pair there after Finland. I had a international driver's license at the time.

Good luck!! I lived in Finland as an au pair after high school. After a tough family life, it helped me feel "normal" and valued. Thank you for considering our forum. There are some resorts in the US that will take a young adult for a summer and employ them. I came across this in Wisconsin at the Dells, a popular water slide area. There some restaurants that hire such because they need dependable help in the summer months.

Thank you for the information :)

Please check out InterExchage.com
They are an excellent site for the USA or other countries.

Thank you very much.
I went to see their site but I am looking for an exchange with a teenager who also has Asperger's syndrome so that my son can be understood by the host family and vice versa.

You will want to be very careful. Don't arrange to send your child to someone's home through a social media website. You don't know who is on the other end, no matter how kind they seem. Go through the school or through an internationally recognized agency.

Hello,
My name is Didier, I am 45 years old and I live in France in Versailles near Paris. Thanks to my children's diagnoses, I self-diagnosed with Asperger's autism.
I am married and the father of 4 children, 2 of whom are recognized as having Asperger's autism.
Kilian, 14, wants to become bilingual and learn the English language perfectly. For that, we are looking for a family who would accept to receive our son during 2 or 3 weeks of July or August in 2 or 3 years. And we would receive the teenager from the host family in our home.
I think a teenager with the same characteristics as our son would be ideal.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Which form of English do you want your son to learn? there is original English spoken in the UK ,Australian English and American English .

Thank you very much.
I went to see their site but I am looking for an exchange with a teenager who also has Asperger's syndrome so that my son can be understood by the host family and vice versa.
As youre close to England try opening an account on the National Autism society forum which has many more teenage children and parents posting ,this forum doesn't have a lot ! of teenage members!

You will want to be very careful. Don't arrange to send your child to someone's home through a social media website. You don't know who is on the other end, no matter how kind they seem. Go through the school or through an internationally recognized agency.

Yes thank you very much.
I will actually go through an official body.
As I am a policeman, I am naturally suspicious o_O

I have friends in Romania who would probably love to have an exchange with you. They've lived in the US, Paris, Bruges, and in Bucharest. They're very kind and very well educated. Too bad their autistic son is still too young for this.

New Threads

Top Bottom