• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here

Nat04

Hi I'm new to this so I don't really know what to write. I am getting a diagnose for aspergers through school but it's a one frustrating process. And I'm recently struggling with depression and feeling like my friends don't like me. Does anyone else feel the same or know how to help feel happier?

Welcome.

You are going through what all of us have. Just remember, autism is not a personality disorder, but a cognitive difference. You simply see the world in different terms. Unfortunately, it is not the majority view. You just need to find your tribe.

If they are your friends then they like you no matter what flaws you have. (No one is perfect, they have their own problems)

If not, then, in time, you will find new friends.

b8a97c3b928bf1ac9d59f238ea1d4c6d.png

Welcome... This is a welcoming place to talk about your concerns and work through your struggles... Talking to other people may help you feel happier...

If they are your friends then they like you no matter what flaws you have. (No one is perfect, they have their own problems)

If not, then, in time, you will find new friends.
Thanks I think that i might be overthinking it and that they do like me its just I feel like some of them have been ignoring me and if they joke around I often end up getting offended by it I told them I had aspergers and they didn't really say anything and it didn't come up again I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing

It's likely that they have no idea what Aspergers is.

Also perhaps they don't think it is important.

Perhaps wait until you understand how it affects you?

Does it affect the way you interact with them negatively?

I often find i talk to much or not at all and can get offended easily or upset if I'm left out of the conversation. It gives me a lot of anxiety and I often worry im not making enough eye contact or talking too much in the past my friends say I was complaining to much or I say random things. But I don't know if there's anything they can do if they knew or how to tell them

Conversations aren't easy, they take a lot of practice.

Why do you get offended?

If they know then perhaps they will make allowances for you talking too much, perhaps not it all depends on how decent they are.

Some people might disagree with me, and it's only a suggestion, but I think that you need to work on how to communicate with people, perhaps practice with family too.

When I was about your age, I used to read lots of books on body language to try and understand others.

Conversations aren't easy, they take a lot of practice.

Why do you get offended?

If they know then perhaps they will make allowances for you talking too much, perhaps not it all depends on how decent they are.

Some people might disagree with me, and it's only a suggestion, but I think that you need to work on how to communicate with people, perhaps practice with family too.

When I was about your age, I used to read lots of books on body language to try and understand others.
I think I need to try and stop overthinking or taking things to seriously they joke around a lot and It sometimes makes me upset because I feel like there making fun of me I think I will try to practice understanding body language like you said

I think I need to try and stop overthinking or taking things to seriously they joke around a lot and It sometimes makes me upset because I feel like there making fun of me I think I will try to practice understanding body language like you said

It's common for some friends to tease each other, sometimes it's friendly, sometimes it's not. Do they know it really upsets you?

No thye don't I don't know how to tell them because I have brought it up before about what they were saying but they just have a go at me for being grumpy and can keep teasing

No thye don't I don't know how to tell them because I have brought it up before about what they were saying but they just have a go at me for being grumpy and can keep teasing

You may need to develop a thicker skin, or else find new friends.
Have you ever discussed what they say to you with your family?

It's not easy to tell sometimes if people are being nasty or just having some fun. (but I do realise that you are not finding it fun)

Is the teasing always aimed at you? or do they tease each other too?

I

It's not easy to tell sometimes if people are being nasty or just having some fun. (but I do realise that you are not finding it fun)

Its hard to tell i have talked to my family about it a bit and they think it sounds like it can get mean but most of the time it is just joking and its not always aimed at me so I think I just have to put up with it

NTs constantly say thoughtless things. Just ignore the comments. I know it is frustrating when you are serious and others just don't get it. But maybe that is just the level of the social relationship you have with them. Maybe just enjoy their company. You will find people that can give you the interaction you need, but in this case, they have a different criteria for socializing.

New Threads

Top Bottom