• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

new here

atticus

hello. i just joined here, i want to make some friends that have things in common. i was diagnosed with autism very recently at almost 30 years old. i am particularly interested in learning how to stop masking and how to advocate for myself about my wants and needs.

Hi @atticus

Welcome to the Forums.

Regarding the things you are wanting to learn about I would suggest trying the search function - its good

upload_2020-12-11_16-7-46.png

Hi Atticus, welcome. You could read some threads here about masking. I would say, think carefully about where and when you may want to stop masking, as masking will have had a function for you, and doesn't have to be dropped all at once.

I actually wouldn't want to stop masking, it's a way of getting by and often I don't feel there's a viable alternative. But everyone is different, and it may suit you to drop the mask when you feel it appropriate.

I hope you enjoy it here and find it supportive.

:airplane::bicyclist::bluecar::rocket::runner::taxi::helicopter::walking::truck::sailboat::rowboat:

Welcome! There are lots of interesting views on masking and when to take it of and why (or not, and why). This is a great place for community and support and information.

hello. i just joined here, i want to make some friends that have things in common. i was diagnosed with autism very recently at almost 30 years old. i am particularly interested in learning how to stop masking and how to advocate for myself about my wants and needs.
Finch!?(lawyer to kill a mocking bird)atticus Roman ?or a family ^*^name!?

New Threads

Top Bottom