• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here

upload_2020-1-3_17-36-14.png

hey everyone I am new here! I am newly diagnosed and a little overwhelmed.

It takes some time to absorb and get used to. Allow yourself time to adjust and don't set expectations.

There are a lot of discussion threads on this forum that have helped me get my head around certain aspects of ASD. I hope you find this forum as welcoming and helpful as I have.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. I feel overwhelmed a lot of the time. I hope you feel better soon. And welcome!

Welcome Amanda!

It does seem overwhelming at first. Especially if it is a later in life diagnosis.
It's good to understand yourself. When I first joined here I couldn't believe how many
others felt and did things I always had.
I learned from others and that helped my feelings of sometimes being angry at myself for
being me. o_O

Warm wellcome to the forums Amanda :)

I can understand how this may be somewhat overwhelming but in reality NOTHING has change Amanda youre exatly the same person you were before you got this diagnose. all this is is a medical document stating that you have this diagnose so that you and youre closest ones around you can get some explonation in why you have youre different problemsand also understand why you have them.

May i also suggest you read up on youre diagnose so that YOU can better understand youre self and learn how you funktion and also you will find a way to accept and work WITH youre diagnose rather then against it which trust me wont work.

And you will also learn allot from stickning around in here of course

Hello and welcome @Amanda Nyborg

Feeling overwhelmed can be a regular state of mind for some autistic people and post diagnosis can be a particularly challenging time.

I hope you find it useful and helpful, in time, being part of this forum.

Warm wellcome to the forums Amanda :)

I can understand how this may be somewhat overwhelming but in reality NOTHING has change Amanda youre exatly the same person you were before you got this diagnose. all this is is a medical document stating that you have this diagnose so that you and youre closest ones around you can get some explonation in why you have youre different problemsand also understand why you have them.

May i also suggest you read up on youre diagnose so that YOU can better understand youre self and learn how you funktion and also you will find a way to accept and work WITH youre diagnose rather then against it which trust me wont work.

And you will also learn allot from stickning around in here of course

I have def been reading up on everything and doing my best to understand and my family as well❤️

I have def been reading up on everything and doing my best to understand and my family as well❤️

Just dont try to take on to much at the same time Amananda but its good that you read up on this as it will help you in the future to better understand youre self .

Heres a exelent link on wimens Asbergers to add to youre reading (when i read this i finaly got many of the missing pieces in my own why am i like this etc... Puzzle (and most defently from being in here & continued to study ALL my gazilion diagnosis as well of course)

Aspienwomen: Moving towards an adult female profile of Autism/Asperger Syndrome

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom