• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here

Rabo

Hi everybody,
I am new in the forum, so i want to introduce myself.

I am webdesigner/ coder and freelancer. As english is not my first language, please tolerate mistakes in the written language. Some of the topics discussed here are not easy to understand, the language problem makes it even more difficult. There is a forum similar to this one in german language, but due to technical problems, I cannot post there. I tried to contact the admins several times, but they did not answer. No joke. ;) After one month, three emails and one phonecall (nobody was there, no answering machine either) I gave up and try this forum here. ;)

I am certainly not "neurotypical", but if I could have an asperger diagnosis, I am not sure. Rather not, but it is not that much important. I do not want to have medication, or receive money from the state so why it should be important? I know that I am hypersensitiv (HSP), have strong introversion and ADS is quite possible. Nevertheless I love my life in the (strange) way it might occure to others. The main problem is not the name people give to my personal "way of living". My problem is something else, and that is why I am here.

I want to find out, if other freelancers are here in that forum, and if they are, I want to know how they interact with clients. Well, because that is the main point to me: I love to dig in colors of Photoshop and I love to dig in code. I can also have interesting discussions about some very, very specific interests (e. g. mysticism in mediaval european history). I love nature (Trees dont speak, ;) ) , i love my cats. And: I can speak to my clients in a civilized way, I am not a freak. ;) But it costs energy to speak to them.

But what I certainly do not like is to talk about my job (I am the best, I am the only one. Hire me...)

In mainstream media and blogs everybody recommends facebook, sales-funnels and other boring stuff. Oh my god! I was on facebook for some months and collected 250 "friends". Then I got completely mixed up by interacting with so many people that I do not know personally and kicked them all out. Every marketer will call that crazy. Mabe it is. But maybe not. Maybe it is more honest then crazy. Maybe facbook itself is grazy.

So I would like to know if others here in the forum have the same problem. Or, more interesting: If they found their personal soution for it. That is why I am here.

Thanks for reading (iy you made it till the end. ;) )
Rabo

upload_2019-9-16_17-21-4.png

Welcome to the forum Rabo. I had that same problem with another forum. It was busy (lots of posts each day), I could see that, but I couldn't manage to join it nor to contact anyone there who would fix the problem for me. After months I gave up.
It's great that most of your life is going so well. I hope you get some great feedback from the forum.

But it costs energy to speak to them
I relate by the way.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Sup. Middle ages? Ahhhh. Some intersting stuff there. Berlin? Tell me is any of the medieval buildings still standing? I was curious what survived after the second world war.

New Threads

Top Bottom