• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jharbour

Hello,
I’m Jesse from Washington state I’m 27 and in the process of diagnosis for aspergers .

I’ve been going to counseling trying to figure out why I’ve had such a hard time just coping with life, and not feeling normal. I’d been diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I had the suspicion there was something deeper causing things to get worse and had researched a few things, aspergers being one of them. I mentioned that to my counselor and she gave me a book to read, Aspergers on the Inside by Michelle Vines, and I felt like I was reading about myself. It made so much sense if I looked at me life through the lens of aspergers.

I told my counselor that and she agreed that I seemed to have qualities of aspergers and now we are in the process of finding a diagnosis! It’s a bit relieving and scary at the same time. But I’m excited to learn more about myself and I hope to learn more through this site and maybe make some friends.

Welcome! I hope you have a good time here. Making friends is definitely possible, there are a lot of awesome people on these forums :)

A helpful tip (feel free to disregard this if you’re at all tech-savvy and have already figured this out yourself): the forums have a search function, allowing you to find a lot of information if you have specific questions.

welcome.png

Hi Jesse welcome! There's plenty of useful information and threads to read and respond to here that may help you understand more and share your ideas with others. I hope you enjoy it here

:bicyclist: :bluecar: :car: :fireengine: :policecar: :lorry: :truck: :minibus: :tractor: :taxi: :bus: :ambulance: :trolleybus:

Welcome, i am in a similar process, 26 and in the process of diagnosis!

I hope the process will be fast for you !

Welcome! You'll find that people here are understanding, welcoming, and that many know exactly what you are going through. You're not alone.

Welcome Jesse.
I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my fifties.
But, everything fit. I finally understood ME.
Hope you find the forum as helpful as I did.
A good group of people here. :D

Hello,
I’m Jesse from Washington state I’m 27 and in the process of diagnosis for aspergers .

I’ve been going to counseling trying to figure out why I’ve had such a hard time just coping with life, and not feeling normal. I’d been diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I had the suspicion there was something deeper causing things to get worse and had researched a few things, aspergers being one of them. I mentioned that to my counselor and she gave me a book to read, Aspergers on the Inside by Michelle Vines, and I felt like I was reading about myself. It made so much sense if I looked at me life through the lens of aspergers.

I told my counselor that and she agreed that I seemed to have qualities of aspergers and now we are in the process of finding a diagnosis! It’s a bit relieving and scary at the same time. But I’m excited to learn more about myself and I hope to learn more through this site and maybe make some friends.

Hello,
Welcome Jesse!
It is amazing that plenty of us we don't have friends.
I have also been diagnosed with anxiety and depression but I do not have any Asperger paper already. I will work on that in the future but I do not want to be considered a disable officially although many treat me this way when I am many times more intelligent. Anyway wish you the best!
Julia

New Threads

Top Bottom