• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here, question about clenched fists

Adamms

Hello. I have not been on any autism forums before but would like to read others discussions and opinions. My daughter is 3 and was diagnosed when she was only 1. She finally started speaking this last 6 months and is doing better everyday all around. Here lately she's wanted to wear bandaid on her fingers. When they would come off or take them off she leaves her hands clenched all the time now. Its affecting her playing and eating and everything. Has anyone ever seen this or know any tips to help her stop clenching them? We are wondering if she has adhd and hope developmental doctor in April can help out. Thanks so much

Hello & welcome, @Adamms .

Most of us are not doctors here, but some of us are experienced parents. I fall into the latter category.

At face value, it sounds like your daughter has some sensory issues in her hands. The bandages and clenched fists (to me) point to possible broken skin, YMMV.

(A cut hurts because a nerve is exposed to air. Bandages and her clenching can block that exposure.)
We [snipped] hope developmental doctor in April can help out.
Not all "developmental" doctors are competent in autism. If you are in the USA, you should see if yours is listed in the references found at THIS LINK.

Wow. I did not expect a doctor on this forum..I will search for another source of parents and autism information. Specialization in autism development for 25 years is very competent :mad:;)

I did not expect a doctor on this forum.
The two doctors that I know about are both autistic themselves.
full
full

Specialization in autism development for 25 years is very competent :mad:
Some only trained as far as Dr. Leo Kanner (1950s), even today.
His school seeks to "cure" autism.

Others have trained to Dr. Lorna Wing & beyond. They are a little more well-rounded.
Her school seeks to help "better navigate" autism. And that is the thrust of this board.

Your doctor could very well be in the latter school, but such are harder to find.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

@Adamms

Hi and welcome. I did not understand your response to @Crossbreed who responded to you, are you offended by his opinion? It is his experience he was trying to help you with. I hope you enjoy it here, people are friendly and helpful, but may be put off if you seem aggressive.

:hibiscus::herb::palmtree::blossom::seedling::cat:

New Threads

Top Bottom