• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Here and Looking for Connections!

sja517

Hi!
I'm new here and want to meet other autistic people and hopefully make some friends. I don't really know anyone else who is autistic, and I'd like to change that!
I'm 30 year old woman newly diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and I live in Illinois. I'm a librarian by training, but in between jobs right now.
My special interests include dogs, Harry Potter, Disney, Christmas, and snow, and I enjoy hiking, camping (in an rv, not a tent!), reading, and playing video games. My husband and I have a Labrador Retriever/Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix named Ranger (in honor of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings).
Glad to be here!
:)

Hi and welcome, it's good that you are here. I hope you will find it useful and supportive.

Hello. Fellow dog lover and camper here, although I choose a tent.

Aragorn‘s speeches have gotten me through many trying moments in life – I like to recite them to calm down in anxious moments.

Going camping with tent on Saturday staying night on, friends lawn for party do not want to drive home late at night we have queen size air mattress that fits in tent. First time in years using it. With stroke, have to get outside comfort zone. Motels and hotels way over priced due to CovId.
The trick with the air mattress it sucks heat away from your body from the bottom., comes with frame so you must put blanket between mattress and sleeping bag.

Last edited:
We have not used it for a while, still learning. like to camp on one of our properties up north in the bush. A camping property we bought for the kids use, No Yogi rules which the provincial campsites had.

Yogi (Park Ranger) a term one of my close friend coined while were were camping, for having the car radio on at low volume. So we decided to by our own camping site, no noise restriction, no neighbours close by, no strict rules on what you could do. My kids would get their friends together have large camping parties. jokingly referred by us as burning man north as usually they would come back with at least one of them with a burn injury after a bit of a wild weekend from not respecting the fire pit. They also like to winter camp.

Last edited:
Hi!! Dogs and hiking are two of my main special interests. Dogs are actually my biggest interest and they’re the focus of my career and my entire life.

I am a professional dog trainer and I have six dogs, but I’m especially partial to sporting dogs/bird dogs, and large working dogs (I have a working English Pointer and we do field trials, and I have Dogo Argentinos and a Newfie, and a tiny Podengo lol. I do Agility and Rally obedience with all my dogs too. My dogs are multi titled and/or champions.)
I love Chesapeake Bay Retrievers! (Or Chessies, as enthusiasts refer to them ;) )

You can find (probably thousands of) pics of all my dogs on here lol. I hope to see lots of pics of yours!!

Welcome! :)

Welcome! :)

What a nice and possitive intro. I like RV and one of my dreams is to travel and camp in a boxtruck camper.

Nice to meet you! :)

How do you mean Disney, by the way?
I also love Harry Potter. Have you seen the Fantastic Beasts movies by any chance?

New Threads

Top Bottom