• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New board game café offers weekly "autism friendly day"

Aeolienne

(Not written by me)

Board game café set to open in Leamington

A ‘board game café is set to open its doors in Leamington later this month.

Stephanie Branch, 31, and Trev Davies, 33, will be welcoming fellow enthusiasts, competitive families and complete beginners to their board game café, ‘The Dice Box’, in 137 Regent Street on November 10.

The café will provide a large library of board games as well as a café area offering drinks, snacks and food.

Stephanie, having lived in Leamington for the last four years, wanted an opportunity to help improve tourism and subsequently give back to the town.

She said: “I have found so many people are looking for new and exciting days out, whether it be as a family or with friends. We hope The Dice Box will capture their interest and draw more people back into the heart of Leamington and keep the high street alive.

“With that from day one we wanted to make it an option for everyone so we offer a discount of ten per cent off the total bill to all students with an NUS card, NHS workers and all front line emergency services including the military.”

Every Monday the café will also hold an autism friendly day where the music will be turned off, the games on offer will have reduced number of options to reduce stress and carers will be able to play for free.

The café will open for its official launch on Saturday November 10 and doors will open at 11am.

People are strongly encouraged to book their table for the day in advance but there will be a couple of tables open to walk-ins.

The Dice Box will be open on Mondays to Sundays from 11am until late.

All players are encouraged to book a table before going to the café, but it is not essential, each table has a set three hour slot.

The Dice Box will also serve a selection of cakes catering for customers with gluten free and vegan requirements.

Source: Leamington Spa & Warwick Courier

That sounds pretty good, how they have a day where its autism friendly. I went to a game's cafe once with a group of people on the autism spectrum, but it was quite noisy and crowded and we all found it a bit overwhelming, most of us. I like how they have all the games you can play while you eat though, its a good idea. I wish I could check out that games cafe but I'm in Brisbane, Australia so I might have a bit of trouble getting there! :p

It's wonderful it will be one day a week as opposed to some stores that have an hour or two once a month or so.

New Threads

Top Bottom