• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need help with PlayStation 1 roms.

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
I wanna burn a Vib-Ribbon rom to a CD so I can play it on my softmodded ps1. But whenever I try to burn it using ImgBurn the program stops burning it when analyzing the tracks on the rom and I have to stop because nothing happens for over 10 minutes.

What do I do?

Try a different ROM or ImgBurn alternative programme. Or ask on the ImgBurn forum.

Ed

Burning roms is a bit more complicated in some cases than, well, just doing it.

As @Raggamuffin says, try a different rom first to see what it does.

Also, try a different burning program. Dealing with roms can be very odd, and sometimes they just wont work with some things. If the given rom wont work no matter what program you use, that's something to note.

If none of those things add up to a solution, well... I haaaaaaaate making this type of suggestion, but go to the emulation subreddit and ask there.

Seriously, emulation can be all sorts of stupid sometimes. Speaking from too much angry experience here.

There is something about playing on original hardware that emulations can't give you, bonus points of you have an old crt. Emulation does have an advantage in that it can give you resolution and frame rate mods.

Aye, true.

Though it definitely depends on the screen for me. Things just never look quite right on these flatscreens regardless of either using original hardware, or using filters via emulators. Just aint the same. And of course some games outright dont even work on a flatscreen (lightgun games).

Closest I've seen a game get in terms of looking right without an actual CRT involves going into VR, which doesnt make a whole lot of sense, but I dont get to make the rules around there.

How To Burn PS1 Games And 2 Methods To Play Them - Wackoid
are you using an emulator to play the roms? or an original console? the reason i ask is, the original console needs to be mod chipped for it to read custom discs, unless you use the "swap" method
I put a psx memory card into a ps2 and opened up a homebrew program on there that let me install something onto the psx memory card that lets me play custom discs on my NTSC-U psx.

New Threads

Top Bottom