• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need a custom noise? I'll make you one!

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
I've seen a lot of people on here using noise-cancelling headphones (just like me!), so...

I'm taking requests for anyone who wants some high-quality noise of pretty much any variety. White noise, pink noise, brown noise, ambiance, dark ambiance, dead-mall sounds, transient textures, pads, field recordings, alien soundscapes, oscillating filtered noises, binaural beats, even.

I'll probably make a soundcloud account dedicated to the cause, and will regularly create noises (requested and not) for people to download for free. Everything that gets made will go into the pile so that everyone can download a texture and see if it works well for them, and hopefully within no time we'll have a whole assortment of them!

I will regularly pack up the latest noises and release them as a whole album on bandcamp for free so that everyone can try out new ones without having to dig around too much!

I'll put a loose 5-minute cap on the files because I'm pretty sure everyone has a repeat button. Does this sound cool? Let me know what you'd like to hear!

Also, I made a page for where the sounds will appear! You can either follow the soundcloud page, or just wait for your track to get posted right here on the forum!

Last edited:
Could you create a track that is royalty free (non copyright), relaxing, and kinda like electronic? I want some BGM to use in my speedpaints on YouTube. (kinda like the music used for the splatoon series, which features heavy inspiration from electronic musi)

examples below:

Last edited:
Could you create a track that is royalty free (non copyright), relaxing, and kinda like electronic? I want some BGM to use in my speedpaints on YouTube. (kinda like the music used for the splatoon series, which features heavy inspiration from electronic musi)

examples below:

It's probably not your style, but you can definitely use my music as background music if you want! Technically it's not public-domain or copyright-free, but I'm giving you exclusive permission so you're good to go!

It's probably not your style, but you can definitely use my music as background music if you want! Technically it's not public-domain or copyright-free, but I'm giving you exclusive permission so you're good to go!

Thank you for being so generous to all of us with your music, your sounds, your time and your creativity. it really is a precious thing to have an established artist offer work for free, and it does not go unappreciated. Elsewhere on the forum too, you have been very generous with offering your art for others to enjoy.

@Silhouette Mirage, I would love to ask for two sounds.

The first sound is the sound of crunching leaves. I love that sound so much. Fall is my favorite season just because of that sound.

I recorded a video a few years ago of me walking in a thick layer of crunchy leaves. I tried uploading it to this forum, but the file is too big. I can message you privately to share the videos.

I would love to get this on a loop so I could add it to this white noise iphone app.

07E24298-9E26-4225-A888-660662123E0F.jpeg
You can claim full authorship, ownership, credit, etc - i just want the audio.

Attachments

• B6009DAF-51ED-41B1-932F-FB02481EFEB8.jpeg
    B6009DAF-51ED-41B1-932F-FB02481EFEB8.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 35
@Silhouette Mirage, the second audio I want to ask for is going to sound really stoopid, but I have a good reason.

I want an audio track with a few hours of absolute silence. The author, album, and track name should all be “Aaaaaaaa”, so it’s alphabetically first no matter how it’s sorted.

The reason I want is is because my iPhone automatically plays music whenever it hooks up to my car’s bluetooth. Even if the audio app isn’t open, it will play music. If I open the app, stop it playing, then close the app, the stupid app will start playing music again - I literally have to open the app, pause it, and then not close it it just to get it to not play music.

The worst is when I want to use my phone for directions somewhere. The music will play louder than the maps app audio, so I have to try to turn the volume up when I hear directions starting, then turn it back down. It never works well.

It’s just the worst. I have searched and googled and read all sorts of forum discussions and there’s no way to turn off automatic music as soon as you connect to bluetooth. I have to go through so many steps to just play maps audio without playing music. It’s literally the the only time in my life where I use profanity - I’m trying to go somewhere and now I have to pick up my phone and do this complicated yes-I-want-audio-but-no-I-don’t-want-music dance with my thumb while driving, and I’m alone in the car yelling at the top of my lungs, telling Siri how much it sucks.

So I want a default audio that doesn’t play anything. My stupid iPhone can do its stupid iPhone thing and play absolute silence to it’s heart’s content, while I listen to the driving directions I need.

I’m so sorry I just ranted a lot about this. It gets me really wound up and a simple silent default track would solve a lot of problems for me.

@Silhouette Mirage, the second audio I want to ask for is going to sound really stoopid, but I have a good reason.

I want an audio track with a few hours of absolute silence. The author, album, and track name should all be “Aaaaaaaa”, so it’s alphabetically first no matter how it’s sorted.

The reason I want is is because my iPhone automatically plays music whenever it hooks up to my car’s bluetooth. Even if the audio app isn’t open, it will play music. If I open the app, stop it playing, then close the app, the stupid app will start playing music again - I literally have to open the app, pause it, and then not close it it just to get it to not play music.

Fantastic idea! This happens to me, too. I always think I've appropriately changed the setting and then it comes on regardless... it made me hate my first song. It is pernicious! This is a great idea.

@Silhouette Mirage, I would love to ask for two sounds.

The first sound is the sound of crunching leaves. I love that sound so much. Fall is my favorite season just because of that sound.

I recorded a video a few years ago of me walking in a thick layer of crunchy leaves. I tried uploading it to this forum, but the file is too big. I can message you privately to share the videos.

I would love to get this on a loop so I could add it to this white noise iphone app.

View attachment 91847
You can claim full authorship, ownership, credit, etc - i just want the audio.

Yes, feel free to share it however you want and I will do that!

Do you want the silence in MP3? I'm converting it over now

Yes, feel free to share it however you want and I will do that!

Do you want the silence in MP3? I'm converting it over now
I think MP3 would be fine - really any format that Apple Music accepts will work.

It just occurred to me that it can be the lowest possible sound quality, too, since it’s just silence. It should have terrific compression!

I’ll message you privately. Thank you so much for doing this - I’m so grateful!

The worst is when I want to use my phone for directions somewhere. The music will play louder than the maps app audio, so I have to try to turn the volume up when I hear directions starting, then turn it back down. It never works well.

It’s just the worst. I have searched and googled and read all sorts of forum discussions and there’s no way to turn off automatic music as soon as you connect to bluetooth. I have to go through so many steps to just play maps audio without playing music. It’s literally the the only time in my life where I use profanity - I’m trying to go somewhere and now I have to pick up my phone and do this complicated yes-I-want-audio-but-no-I-don’t-want-music dance with my thumb while driving, and I’m alone in the car yelling at the top of my lungs, telling Siri how much it sucks.

So I want a default audio that doesn’t play anything. My stupid iPhone can do its stupid iPhone thing and play absolute silence to it’s heart’s content, while I listen to the driving directions I need.

I’m so sorry I just ranted a lot about this. It gets me really wound up and a simple silent default track would solve a lot of problems for me.

Fantastic idea! This happens to me, too. I always think I've appropriately changed the setting and then it comes on regardless... it made me hate my first song. It is pernicious! This is a great idea.

My wife and I get really annoyed by the first song on her phone, too. She is a teacher and has a lot of children's music on her phone. When she wants to play something, she'll plug her phone into my car's aux, and before she can select what she really wants to hear, it'll start playing a way-too-cheerful-for-me children's song that is alphabetically first on her phone.

I'm definitely putting Aaaaaaa.mp3 on her phone, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom