• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Naughty Dog wants to remake The Last of Us!

Lemon Zing

Sadly, Naughty Dog may end up being the next Capcom after all.

I accidentally pressed something, and this post now looks odd.​

This honestly doesn't surprise me - especially when you add in the whole thing with Sony closing the PlayStation Store for PSP, PSV and PS3 users.
I'm a PlayStation player myself (still have a PS2 that I play from time to time as well as a PS3) but I'll admit, Sony does not have a good track record with stuff like this.

That seems silly. It was already remastered on PS4 and is perfectly playable on PS5 via backwards compatibility.

Maybe its for the purpose of re-writing Joel's character?

In the original game, Joel is a grumpy character who lost his family and is trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world populated by infected humans before he and Ellie meet up; the two gradually forming a bond as they save each other along their journey.
When he learns that the attempt to get the 'cure' for the infection will kill Ellie in the process, he's faced with a dilemma; does he sacrifice Ellie so that hundreds, thousands or even millions more people will be saved ("The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"), or does he instead forsake all that to save an innocent girl who he's come to love like a surrogate daughter - especially as she has no idea that this surgical process will kill her?
Ultimately (and without the player's interaction), Joel decides to save Ellie and succeeds; later lying to her to protect her from the truth. Furthermore, while the look on Ellie's face shows that she doesn't believe Joel (at least not entirely), she goes along with it to spare him the pain.

This is essentially retconned in the sequel, with Joel's actions are treated with abject scorn and later on, Abby - the muscle-bound daughter of one of the doctors Joel killed to rescue Ellie - shows up to shoot Joel before killing him by smashing his head in repeatedly with a golf club. The game later tries to get you to emphasize with Abby through emotional manipulation but honestly, after that scene, I think most people made up their minds regarding Abby.
Maybe with this remake of the first game, it will try to make Joel less sympathetic and more like a villain so that people who play the sequel (and haven't played the original first game) won't be bothered when he dies.

I could be wrong (and I hope I am), but this honestly wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I really don't have anything to say about this that hasn't been said by others already. Naughty Dog has made some of the most beloved games of my childhood and millions of others', but they've become so washed-up that it would take a serious overhaul (and preferably, change in management) to gain back some credibility. TLOU 1 Remastered is fine as it is. The original game isn't even a decade old. I haven't played Part II yet but from what I've read they butchered the story, which was like... bruh. The plot and characters was the whole appeal of Part I!

Microsoft dropped the ball HARD on their exclusive IPs this past generation. But now it seems like Sony is driving their brands into the ground with this new console generation. Purely in terms of business practice, as much as I hate to say it, Xbox is looking more and more appealing. This is coming from a dude who never even owned a 360. Time will tell as the next-gen consoles get hardware updates... my policy is to never buy a new console until at least 2 to 3 years into its lifespan.

Imagine if the resources for this project went toward a proper, faithful Jak and Daxter or Sly Cooper trilogy remake...

Last edited:
Sounds like a cash grab to me.

You know, I remember when Naughty Dog actually made more than one game. It was quite an amazing time, really. Though that was many years ago. MANY years ago.

Imagine if the resources for this project went toward a proper, faithful Jak and Daxter or Sly Cooper trilogy remake...

Yeah, but 3D platformer mascot games wouldnt fOcuS tEsT wElL for the corporate guys who actually make the decisions. It aint happening. If anything comes out of Jak or Sly again, it'll just be graphical remasters, and that's it. AKA, same exact game, slightly shinier, as little effort as possible. Perhaps with some MTX added as a bonus! Yay!

I swear, this industry never fails to disappoint me. I only even follow any of this for the comedy value at this point. As far as I'm concerned, the Playstation line ended with #3, which was "okay" I guess. #4 was just a freaking doorstop, the blasted thing. I dont even know where it is.

New Threads

Top Bottom