• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Myself though the years and regression

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
[img=center]URL=Photo by Jennifer Huggins]
275EEFD8-6970-4779-BD07-6137F59DB19A_zpsbz7mbnru.jpeg
[/UR[/img]

[img=center][/img]

Is it possible to have a form of down syndrome without knowing it?

As some of you know ive been a sort of special-needs person all my life and not knowing what special needs i have and why.

Some people say I’m manic or schizophrenic for saying that.

I have had shut downs and regressing a lot because of this issue.

Maybe this is why I’ve been so determined to figure out what special I am and as a person why like have been shutting down so much because of the way a lot of people are turned off and rejecting me from several programs that could have to help to me.

When I was younger I wasn’t sure what it was it all then I thought it was the form of CP then possibly but my friend in which I didn’t know was down syndrome company at the time (aka thinking about it)

I am a speech delay that was my own a moderate intellectual delay I believe and severe physical delay.

[img=center][/img]

[img=center][/img]

I would explain more except for the fact I feel like I’ve been having hard to pronounce since late 2013 I believe erly 2014 and till pretty much now as a major shut down possibly

And is there explaining things I am mostly gone nonverbal in this area specifically.

And here is it raining in writing I am in very unable to do anymore

Or anything like academics for that manner.

I dont fell depressed parts I just feel weak and shut down the medically fragile I feel calm and bit nervous but kind of just waiting for something to start up again so give me like a little to do more things and just start my life as a teento young adult even though I am tackling 20 now I feel like I’m still young andl ike the age of a child
Maybe this naïve doin me has gotten me in this mess in the first place

I’ve been trying to find a new install my life being online to autism forms as well as wrong planet and you man-to-man I’ve been on the other site

I feel like I’ve lost my world completely but I find that originally and 2013 when my my grandmother Got frustration that I took my evaluations away from her to look at them.

I was trying to apply for service car off at the beef with developmental disabilities they can print some program to help me because I felt like I couldn’t do that academics that I could do eventually if I tried most of the work I did it busy there Dunbar my mom and my grandmother nearly completely on my own but with very much support i’m not saying support is a bad thing but I felt like I was kind of a big damage in that area since I think I was caught in a bit too much in that area because of being coddled.

Like many families in my program and then I coddled i’m blinded from the stigma my phone not being told about in the first place maybe my family was in the denial in the beginning.

Then my had a problem I don’t know what it was they say it was mental illness in someway but I’m not sure I now she has learning disability’s to.

“ like most times This post has been written completely do speech to text pretty much and pausing and pausing and then coming back pausing again and coming back” Also I was half asleep while writing this post With speech to text so please excuse any miss spellings or confusion in this post

When a crisis having another family and in 2014 I was horrified for no reason because I took a walk outside but forgot my keys and couldn’t get back is it too late then I got nervous and thought that a bit of anxiety or PTSD symptoms Open the crate since it doesn’t mean I was hearing voices are in example of nervous and I was going to happen because the crisis and them A.k.a. my family is saying I was being bullied on a day I’m clearly not I tried to explain to them over and over again but they won’t listen to me you’re arguing with me And wanting to go to the school also kids are to bring a little bit too much on the teasing time when I was younger when I was there physically harm by a bully at that stage you know mother exactly bullying me really being a bit ignorant.

Then I said I’m going to take a walk and be back I am in towards my school which is about a three minute walk from my house and then tried to find someone that was open in the college program which the people are there however the door was locked then I kind of panicked a little and got dizzy and nearly fainted because it was raining very hard that day by the time I was able to get home it was near the middle of the night
I was going upstairs the stairway and then all of the sudden saw a person behind me. It was a police officer. He said he needed to go downstairs we did and he took me in his car I want to quit trying to investigate me then for some random reason maybe I was just nervous anyway I was thinking do I have to put in all the way there that are gray I don’t want to see my grandmother because I was mad at her brothers overreacting in the first place and that wasn’t even bullying then I am and have been the mental hospital I mean I haven’t slept in about two weeks and I was physically much weaker than I was well maybe because everyone is huge score versus my carry-on elementary school style place and I wasn’t used to it yet and I had been there for a while and I was exhausted from all this work have probably three times as hard however there was no reason to put me in a mental hospital because I was fine I didn’t doing thing there was a danger to myself or others they tried the same thing earlier but then my doctor pulled me out of it quickly because I think he knew what was really going on in the way that I was not mentally L and did not belong there and Puerto Rican trade me the next time. How is the Hammonton psychiatric members and dug up which means I was plus my nobility to understand things and learn very well I believe it was the words on the meds and possibly adjust it with overdosed on them. Then I was losing more of the abilities that I had very fast faster than that earlier from shutting down because of all the ignorance and my grandmother were trying to figure out what disability I could possibly have.

I knew I had the best time to do very well but there was something different it really hard for me to learn, in general that now and became so hard I could not really do it all. I stopped being able to read it all white and then my math skills are going down very fast.

Everything was fine for a while extend my friends playing you kno everything was fine for a while ecsept me almost going to academic failure because of the situation entirely. My friends were there for me to drama club and I need a guitar club I need to understand more me maybe weren’t interested in me as much as I thought Who is the kind a like friends because mostly Ok or from My Elementary school which is a k-8 school except for new people.

I have a few best friends which means were Kirk Pablo Joachim Lizabeth abby ruth and a few others. If we came pretty close and then we can like best buddies for me.

But everything change of the situation in the mental hospital.

I started being mad at this generation and steady thing about my friends to much. Because it seems like they’re feeding wait for me a little more than usual. Except for my friends park in Pablo even my other pretty much best friend who where is very nice to me instead of fade a little way to.

Tell me why a lot of the Symptptmscame back from todler didn’t know why or shook or had a seizure to know why.

Originally after Came back from the hospital The second time I was there I believe they set up a new autism program at school Roosevelt which I was in at the time I was there excited I got a little trip sister friend because I really want to bring them just to meet you can in life skills as well as th Academicsthat I was missingAnd dealt with them in the knees I need help how and dealt with them in the knees I need help with like trying to use the warmest of tired still slowerand had difficulty walking however still fine mentally.

Then later on my best friend in the whole world left my school. They made me very sad because I felt like I was someone alone at that point without a person to be my buddy for a drama or college what understand me like no one else could at that point as a friend. at first I thought it would come back to visit but you didn’t want to dries in my building which are used to live in in separate apartments my promise downstairs has the apartment was upstairs.

At that time it was really the only person I can get my symptoms and understand me, I was very shy and a bit of a loner which i still am today.

Don’t mind my friends tend to leave so no graduates and then just weren’t there anymore anyway I found the ad to leave my school which we knew more of sad for no apparent reason in the autism program I was then I had a bad day and I really forgot the shower and the way I am I couldn’t shower that day and realize the person the prom I was having the time of the month problem how meant of the exact same time. All I was doing was trying to survive academically and get into school on time.

And wasn’t depressed about my friend leaving but I definitely miss them and miss them a lot and I have a harder time in school Socially physical therapy doing a bit better maybe and academically was very hard because I was supposed to be in college classes at that time and then wasn’t a few name socially physical therapy doing a bit better Mimi and academically was very hard because I was supposed to be in college classes at that time and theY but very difficult for me and understand even at the beginning but especially then. I’ve pleaded with them to take me to the doctors and positive no one classes but they were not listen to me. They can’t believe me mentally Ill not to sound sarcastic or anything but because literally probably due to a piece of paper saying so and I’m not paper I am I am person unique and is the best thing about me. And I feel like a lot of people think that uniqueness and spark away for me as well as my spunky personality.

I was moved to behavioral school for no apparent reason I tried to go do dogs then version of that school but I felt like it was too hard of a drive there. And the school they tried to tell me before with the regular school till palisades proper and wasn’t for me so went to a different school than you want to go anywhere by my original score at Roseann I would determine to get back there however I should’ve given positive travel little bit of a chance I was to Busy being thinking about getting back to Rosevelt and obsessing about it I wasn’t really listening as well as my Best friend moving and I do people graduating later on.

I was stuck in another school but unlike Roosevelt I hated the school there restrained people had behavioral monitors in the hallways and even a redirection room remember scary it was a very small school and the cafeteria was on there stage in the gymnasium. I pleaded with my social worker and teacher time we get back there but they said I would never go back there I didn’t even more upset and frustrated.

[img=center][/img]

As an autistic person it’s just my friend in a way but I think what would they do in this situation.

I had to endure that score for many years luckily I was nervous trying to find a redirection my fear mongering is not the way to teach the kids especially month with developmental disabilities as well. Many of these kidsCameabusive homes, Foster care or a residential I did not finish in time of any of the categories especially bay really just say when I’m I ever ran dinner and then a little and attentive and hyperactive prefers no that’s a good thing and secondly I have/had very good reason to rant

I was thinking the web for everything I love difficult of a silly situation.

Everything I’ve been waiting on was pretty much a blur to me I don’t remember them and leave them for now and if this comes back I get pop will explain why later because I know why hopefully that I can explain it in for a speech writing or text.

And I can say is I eventually graduated with the regents the plumber but I still feel like I never really learned anything in the schools I was in and now I feel like I don’t know what to do.

That is all I can say for now

Disclaimer

“ like most times This post has been written completely do speech to text pretty much and dick I was the drink every night pausing and pausing and then coming back pausing again and coming back”

I'm not sure... though as they say, anything's possible.

I know that there are indeed people out there with a minor form of Down Syndrome (though share traits, such as the distinguishable facial features) who're just as Intelligent and are able to do things just as well as a NT, though may need a bit of assistance.

I actually came across something recently that was fairly inspiring regarding people with Down Syndrome and Alzheimers Research, and I believe it can be applied for those on the Spectrum as well, as I know many out there are worried that we'll be killed off in the future in a similar manner as to how Dwarves and others who had deformities were during World War Two by the Nazis.

Here is the video:

and I'll also provide a transcription:

"Mr. Chairman and members of the committee,

Just so there is no confusion let me say that I am not a research scientist. However, no one knows more about life with Down Syndrome than I do. Whatever you learn today, please remember this: I am a man with Down Syndrome and my life is worth living.

Sadly, across the world, a notion is being sold that maybe we don't need research concerning Down Syndrome. Some people say prenatal screens will identify Down Syndrome in the womb and those pregnancies will just be terminated.

It's hard for me to sit here and say those words.

I completely understand that the people pushing this particular “final solution” are saying that people like me should not exist. That view is deeply prejudice by an outdated idea of life with Down Syndrome.

Seriously, I have a great life!

I have lectured at universities, acted in an award-winning film and an Emmy-winning TV show, and spoken to thousands of young people about the value of inclusion in making America great. I have been to the White House twice––and I didn't have to jump the fence either time.

Seriously, I don't feel I should have to justify my existence, but to those who question the value of people with Down Syndrome, I would make three points.

First, we are a medical gift to society, a blueprint for medical research into cancer, Alzheimers, and immune system disorders. Second, we are an unusually powerful source of happiness: a Harvard-based study has discovered that people with Down Syndrome, as well as their parents and siblings, are happier than society at large. Surely happiness is worth something? Finally, we are the canary in the eugenics coal mine. We are giving the world a chance to think about the ethics of choosing which humans get a chance at life. So we are helping to defeat cancer and Alzheimers and we make the world a happier place. Is there really no place for us in the world?

Is there really no place for us in the NIH budget?

On a deeply personal note, I cannot tell you how much it means to me that my extra chromosome might lead to the answer to Alzheimers. It's likely that this thief will one day steal my memories, my very life, from me. This is very hard for me to say, but it has already begun to steal my mom from me. Please, think about all those people you love the way I love my mom. Help us make this difference, if not for me and my mom then for you and the ones you love. Fund this research. Let's be America, not Iceland or Denmark. Let's pursue answers, not "final solutions." Let's make our goal to be Alzheimer's free, not Down Syndrome free. Thank you."

(Also, I apologize if what I said wasn't really related)

From what I can tell visually, if the 2nd pic is not you, Id say its less likely to have down's. If it's you then its likely. The syndrome also has a few other symptoms that are associated with it, I dont know which of them you have. Anyhow I think its more important to take care of your physical health issues anyway than try to figure a diagnosis without a specialized doctor.

I think you've been through a lot of things in hospitals and not very understood by some doctors, as well as struggled with friends and have been letdown by people. I hope you can move on from them and try to find good ones for you. I think in life many times friends will come and go, I try to enjoy the times as they are in the moment. Good luck to you for finding nice people. Animals may be a type of more loyal friend if you can have one or be around someone's pet. Relatives may offer more long-lasting friendships. Try to think positive and reflect positivity with friends, it helps you and relationships grow usually.

Last edited:
Graduation is a big achievement especially for someone who struggled with a lot of issues like yourself. Congratulations. I think often people feel they weren't taught much and maybe that's true but have faith in what you do know. Have hope for the future and in yourself, you will also learn and know things on your own without schools teaching them. Good luck to you in pursuing your goals and don't stress too much about it, we all start in lower points, and there will be some trick at some point you will do or say that will come really useful to you and others that other people don't do and is unique to you.

Last edited:
The best thing to do would be to get genetic testing to see where you fall in terms of genetic abnormalities. That will answer many questions. Can your Dr refer for that? It is not mail order. This would be either exome sequencing or karyotyping.

The best thing to do would be to get genetic testing to see where you fall in terms of genetic abnormalities. That will answer many questions. Can your Dr refer for that? It is not mail order. This would be either exome sequencing or karyotyping.

I just want to note if you can't find a doctor that does this, you can get tested yourself through an ancestry kit, which will give you a copy of your own DNA. Then you can plug it in to a site called Promthease that will list all the genetic markers in your DNA. This was how I found out for sure that I was on the spectrum. There were TONS of markers for it in my DNA, including ones associated with childhood that helped dictate if the others were active (tip toing instead of walking). You can't assume EVERYTHING there is active or going to become active, though, so don't freak out if you see a lot of stuff. And be prepared to know what chronic illnesses may lay ahead of you in old age. I kind of didn't want to know after I saw mine, lol, but on the upside, I now know which supplements I should be taking to help prevent some of it. I know what different symptoms may lead to, as well.

I just want to note if you can't find a doctor that does this, you can get tested yourself through an ancestry kit, which will give you a copy of your own DNA. Then you can plug it in to a site called Promthease that will list all the genetic markers in your DNA. This was how I found out for sure that I was on the spectrum. There were TONS of markers for it in my DNA, including ones associated with childhood that helped dictate if the others were active (tip toing instead of walking). You can't assume EVERYTHING there is active or going to become active, though, so don't freak out if you see a lot of stuff. And be prepared to know what chronic illnesses may lay ahead of you in old age. I kind of didn't want to know after I saw mine, lol, but on the upside, I now know which supplements I should be taking to help prevent some of it. I know what different symptoms may lead to, as well.

Yes. I did many of them before. 23 and Me, and I did Promethease as well. But those do not pick up Chromosomal abnormalities. For instance, take a single gene.

On my 23 and me, one gene can represent hundred of snps! No way to see what is going on. It can show MTHFR and things like that, but when I went to the geneticists, they could visually see a region that was not normal on one of the chromosomes. This region represented 8 genes that were effected, none of which showed on the mail order tests.This would have been thousands of snps!

In my case, it is so rare, they do not know how to interpret it. But others with similar findings are placed on the Spectrum. Mostly Aspergers. And sensory issues, which I have.

There are other good things which I think are from it, like an unusual memory.

But Karoytyping and exome via a geneticist is one way to finally get Drs to pay attention and get yo off the Psych Merry Go Round.

New Threads

Top Bottom