• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My views on marriage.

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
So I have been thinking about this a bit over the years. If I were to find a woman. If our relationship worked out and they weren't lying manipulative monsters or evil.
Would I marry them? Short answer. No. I don't think it would work out.
I feel no matter what I would be a limiting factor in their life. A leech that took their freedom and happiness. Giving nothing back in return. Or at least that's how I figure they would see it. Especially if they wanted children. I know the chance exists that any child I sure could get my "gift". Something I do not wish on them. And even if they were perfect. I would still be a drain. Unable to do all the things other father's do. Leading to more strain on my wife.
Then need for time alone would probably affect them too.
Along with meltdowns from the stress of family life.
Add no job or prospect of getting one. Or at least one that pays enough you don't need a second job and won't stress you out. All added pressure on the family.
Nothing I offer in love or time will overcome these stresses on them. In the end divorce would be likely.
And I would be alone again.
That's why I debate dating at all. The possible end result is all too probable.

33 yrs marriage. 2 successful young men. Best thing ever. BUT,...you cannot allow insecure behaviors ruin the relationship. Never lie,...like,...seriously,...don't lie. It took my wife a bit of getting used to my "Aspie honesty", but she actually considers it an asset now. She has learned how to ask the right questions. Never hide things. Never control the other person. If she wants to look at Jason Mamoa or Chris Hemsworth with lust in her eyes,..it's actually kind of funny,...for the both of us. If she wants to read those lusty little "romance novels",...fine. You can't be jealous,...of anything. Always let the other person be who they are without criticism,...a big ask for a lot of people. If there is some behavior that drives you nuts, that's OK, if it is something silly like leaving your underwear on the floor,...but if it gets down to something that is about them, as a person,...you can't say anything and just accept it "as is". If they want to leave you,...there's the door,...seriously. If they stay with you despite you being you,...you've got a keeper,...and vice-versa.

33 yrs marriage. 2 successful young men. Best thing ever. BUT,...you cannot allow insecure behaviors ruin the relationship. Never lie,...like,...seriously,...don't lie. It took my wife a bit of getting used to my "Aspie honesty", but she actually considers it an asset now. She has learned how to ask the right questions. Never hide things. Never control the other person. If she wants to look at Jason Mamoa or Chris Hemsworth with lust in her eyes,..it's actually kind of funny,...for the both of us. If she wants to read those lusty little "romance novels",...fine. You can't be jealous,...of anything. Always let the other person be who they are without criticism,...a big ask for a lot of people. If there is some behavior that drives you nuts, that's OK, if it is something silly like leaving your underwear on the floor,...but if it gets down to something that is about them, as a person,...you can't say anything and just accept it "as is". If they want to leave you,...there's the door,...seriously. If they stay with you despite you being you,...you've got a keeper,...and vice-versa.
I was conflicted as to put Winner or Optimistic! I put winner because I love how you put this. NO LIES! ANd I love how you said it takes a while for people to get used to Aspie Truth. Once people get used to honesty, well, I bet it's rather fetching. I have never had that in a relationship. Only amongst family who are also aspie so I know what it's like and it's the best. I wish for you 33 more years of marriage :)

New Threads

Top Bottom