• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My suspected aspie boyfriend left me.. I am so in pain and confused!

Helplessgirl

Dear all,

I am an NT girl (and English is not my native tongue) and my boyfriend whom I suspect he has aspergers left me yesterday evening.
I will tell in short what happened. I am so desperatly in need for some advice and help because I love him so much! We are both 29 and he has a stressful job as a doctor. Our relationship lasted for 6 months. Within this time out relation was very intense, intimate; always holding each others hands, always kissing and touching etc.

Of course like all relationships we had sometimes our ups and downs where we sometimes had little discussions. A few times he said something was missing in the relationship but he didn't knew what. And I found him sometimes emotional cold causing little problem in the binding to each other. Now I think it may come from his aspergers?
Anyway.. Last week I send him a text with my emotions described and he was very overwhelmed and wanted to break up. I tried to talk to him not breaking up with me, and explained him rational why I send that text message etc. Then of course he told me my lacks; what I didn't do good in the relationship. I was ok to work on it and I promised I would do it. So after the fight we decided to give it a chance and meet up the next day.
It was a good date and we talked a lot. We decided what to do next week, and made up some plans for august.

And then... Yesterday morning we had no problem. We talked,and he asked me if I want to contribute financial for the wedding gift of his friends this August I was also invited to. That we would celebrate his last day at work next week..
But he send me yesterday after work a text that he still felt negative since a couple of days and was overthinking about us and he was really confused. So I called him immediately to hear his voice and try to understand him. And again I explained him that relationships aren't easy, that no couple is perfectly matching etc. But that love, loyalty and respect also counts. And that we have to communicate more with each other etc. I asked him if he would regret leaving me? And he said yes, that's why he can't make a decision to leave me. So he has feelings for me, but his rational thinking overwhelms everything. After my talk he was thankful because he said he felt much better about us and had no more doubts.

But again.. After two hours he send me text that he had been thinking and wants to end the relationship.. I tried, but there was no turning back this time. So I said farewell to him and he blocked me on everything... This hurts so much.. leaving me isn't easy he said, but yet he left me. I know he as issues and can't cope with a relationship. But this hurts so much I've never felt a pain like this.....

Please tell me how would it be for him to leave me? Would he miss me, and think about me and our times together? The way I looked in his eyes with love and caress his face.. He liked this very much. But now he is gone..
Please help me what to do... I am very desperate :(

Few reasons why I think he has aspergers:
-until age of 23 he found relationships stupid. And only began a casual relationship to experience sex with. But left her very soon. Then he got two more short relationships and left them too. And he blocked them immediately over whatsapp because they weren't the right person.
-After last relationship decided he would stay single for ever. Until he met me.
-Likes routines and is very very very RATIONAL. Can't handle emotions, BUT is inside very sensitive
-Isn't very sexual.. Masturbates sometimes. No realy need for it until it is with me.
-Egocentric and thinks black - white
-Overthinks about everything
-Can't handle when he is in stress at work and relationship

I would say take some time for yourself. Try doing things that you enjoy. You could also meet up with some friends or get involve in some other activities. I understand it can be hard at first but keep at it until it takes this guy off your mind. It's probably not you, it's most likely him who has issues and not ready to accept your love. And if he really misses you/care for you I'm sure he'll contact you again.

Alas, we can’t tell you what goes on in his mind. You know him, we don’t. Best of luck healing!

He was completely overwhelmed by your texts of emotions and although, you managed to stem the negativity, once left on his own, he felt that this relationship is not going to work and actually, blocking you IS saying that it is not easy to walk away and thus, the ONLY way to do it, is to denounce everything about you, so the pain in his heart deminishes.

What you have to ask yourself is this? Is this relationship worth the emotional pain that you will feel, if you and he got back together? Can you become unselfish to your needs, in order to centre your life around his? That is, if he is UNWILLING to participate.

It is my faith and my husband's perseverence with me, that has kept our marriage going, because I tend to be a black and white thinker too and see that opposite are a disaster and my husband and I, are opposites.

Sounds like he left the room and turned the lights out. I think the best idea would be to move on.

Hi there. I'm so sorry you are experiencing the pain of a break up with someone you felt so connected to.

We suspect my bf has Asperger's, so I can understand the super-rational type of guy. From what you wrote, regardless of whether or not he has Asperger's, it sounds like he became overwhelmed with the intensity of contact and emotion. It must be so sad that you can't do anything about it because he has blocked you. He must have felt very scared to have gone to the point of blocking you. Obviously he felt very (too) strongly about you.

You never know what could happen. If he comes around and contacts you again or lets you back into his world, read a lot about Aspergers on here so that you will be better prepared to deal with his fears. It sounds like he was too scared to continue with you.

If I look back he was inside very sensitive and couldn't handle emotions, but could be initmate with me..

Before the break up, he told he didn't feel oke and this feeling would not go away. When I asked him if breaking up with me is that easy? He told no that it isn't easy for him and during a fight he initiate to call me. As he said, if he didn't love me he would not call me.

At friday July 30th we had our last date.. We were lying on the grass and i said with honesty that I did not want him to loose and had teary eyes. When he saw this he kissed both my eyes en huged me very strong. It felt so good :(

When I asked him yesterday why he did that on friday I did not get an anwser quick. After asking this question a few times he texted me that he kissed my eyes to give solace.. Canthis be true.. I don't understand it. That day, our last day, we were holding hands, kissing and were intimate. If I have no meaning for him anymore why wanting to be intimate?

Yesterday i texted him again with when he took his time and wants to come back I will be waiting for him. He did text me back, but was unfortunatly hard and very rational thinking explaining this relation doesn't work.
I think he burried all his emotions about us and by rational thinking he tries to verify his decions. He also explained that he is realy tired of a relationship and can't handle it.

Still my heart is aching and I hope he will return to me after he has his restingtime..

Just want to know if he will miss me, beceause breaking up wasn't easy for him..

And a question for the male AS. When breaking up with someone who loved you truly, supported you, gave your needed space etc. Think to contact her again when she said you can come back whem you had the time to calm down and your rest...

New Threads

Top Bottom