• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Social Security Hearing Today

Andrew206

I had a telephone hearing before an Administrative Law Judge for Social Security disability today. A Vocational Expert was present. That individual said there were some jobs in the national economy for me, but a job at 15 hours per week (what I’m doing now) wouldn’t be competitive.

I discussed the medications I’m taking with the judge, as well as my work history and difficulties I’ve had with each job.

At the end of the hearing, the judge said he would get updated records from my mental health provider, then review my file and the testimony at the hearing and issue a decision. That could take months.

Will you be able to support yourself financially while you wait? It sounds stressful for you, I hope you will hear soon.

I hope it turns out well for you Andrew, but that's a long wait. I wish you the best results.

New Threads

Top Bottom