• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Sky account problems

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Above.

Following phone call to Sky about a technical issue with my box at the Flat earlier this week, they told me that because I have been a loyal Sky customer for 15 years, I am now entitled to a free VIP account which has rewards such as a free Sky Q box, free sports tickets and other stuff.

Anyway, I tried to log into my Sky account on the website and it won't accept the details I remember from several years ago when I first signed up.

I tried to retrieve the username and password but they are not registered to my Gmail account, possibly an old email address I don't have access to any more such as Plusnet or an old Hotmail account.

I tried to ring Sky yesterday to discuss the issue but I was just on hold all the time, so after about 15 minutes on hold I gave up.

Is there anything I can do online to retrieve my details? I am aware of Google and Sky.com, and I have downloaded the My Sky app on my phone.

Last edited:
There isn't in the conventional sense, that I have heard of. There are no internet tools that I am aware of that average Joes like you and I could use to retrieve such information.
The one thing you may be able to do is to fire up any old devices you had at the time you last accessed the account online, which may have the old login details saved, or perhaps remind you of, and allow access to the old email address. Of course if you no longer have those devices - that's out.
Other than that, you're back to waiting on the phone and explaining again, which is still probably the least time consuming option.

Without an email provider, username and password there's no way to conventionally retrieve any of that data beyond directly contacting Sky. That you are effectively locked out.

The good news is that when you call them, they should routinely have the ability to reconcile your phone number with your Sky account. Once they verify the caller is the person on the account, they should be able to provide you with (if necessary) a new Sky Yahoo Mail account, username and temporary password.

The bad news? You have to be prepared to wait as long as it takes to get a customer service rep on the line. Maddening at times, but you have absolutely no choice that I can see. The last time I contacted Social Security I had to patiently wait some 54 minutes. It happens.

This happens to people more often than many think, in this era where it's normal to have multiple email accounts for various reasons. Especially if in this case the service provider has some kind of contract with a specific email service like Sky Yahoo Mail.

And above all, once you get your account reset, write it down and keep it somewhere that you won't forget. Keeping this information with all your Sky bills and paperwork sounds logical.

How to use Sky Yahoo Mail | Sky Help

Last edited:
Well I spoke to Sky yesterday and explained my problem to a very helpful Scottish lady (so there are good call centre workers! My faith in humanity is restored!), who suggested signing up for a new Sky ID using my current email address and then putting in my post code to retrieve my account details for my Sky account.

I did this and it's worked nice and peachy, and then I signed up for the VIP Rewards scheme on the My Sky app this morning, just need to try and work out how to get the free Sky Q box Reward they mentioned last week.

The account problems are resolved, The Mods can lock this thread now, it's been largely ignored like the majority of my topics anyway because of Google fanboyism.

The account problems are resolved, The Mods can lock this thread now, it's been largely ignored like the majority of my topics anyway because of Google fanboyism.
It’s not Google fanboyism (I don’t think Google fanboys even exist). Your topics are just very specific questions to which other users don’t have the answers, unless they use a search engine themselves.

It’s not Google fanboyism (I don’t think Google fanboys even exist). Your topics are just very specific questions to which other users don’t have the answers, unless they use a search engine themselves.

And the other problem, is that a lot of my questions are based on UK topics, which the US based members don't know anything about

New Threads

Top Bottom