• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Pronouns/My Gender

I tend to ask people to use my name rather than a gender when speaking to or about me. I use Mx sometimes as a prefix where possible.

Have you considered ze or xe? Don't hear those so much yet, they/them seems the most used for expressing trans/nonbinary gender. Who will you let know about this?

I prefer They/Them pronouns myself, but I also accept She/Her.

Unfortunately there's still resistance to using the singular They/Them, even though it's been grammatically correct for hundreds of years.

I have twice attempted neopronouns for me, but they/them seems to be the best most people can manage. I've had to settle for they/she, but after settling in with that I have had to leave Michigan indefinitely. Have hardly been called "miss" or "ma'am" at all since then.

Despite many people referring to somebody of unknown/undetermined gender as they/them unconsciously.

BTW, I think I am actually more nonbinary as apposed to genderfluid.
there's a joke about cishets always knowing how to use they/them in the singular when they don't want their partners to know the gender of the person they've been hanging out with ;)

Cisgender heterosexuals

I understand now. It's cis-hets rather than "ci-shets"

For people that are gender fluid, are they referred to as genflues? If not, what is the shortened term for people who identify as such?

Are people who identify as nonbinary referred to as nonbies? If not, what is the shortened term for people who identify as such?

I understand now. It's cis-hets rather than "ci-shets"

For people that are gender fluid, are they referred to as genflues? If not, what is the shortened term for people who identify as such?

Are people who identify as nonbinary referred to as nonbies? If not, what is the shortened term for people who identify as such?
Nonbinary person is often shortened to enbie, but I am not sure about genderfluid people. I don't think there is a shortened version of that.

I don't understand.
ah, well. I used to make a few puns when I thought I was gender fluid, but I felt my gender fluidity wasn't quite the same as other gf folks. I used to joke that I was "high-viscosity" but I realised I had a specific gender that was actually quite stable, I just didn't have a word for it yet. I'm sure I made other jokes than that; I'm also bisexual so that means anything that can be a pun is a pun. But alas I'm also a furry, so my mind is very fuzzy, doesn't remember things good. But I moved away from that identity when I realised I was juxera, so I felt I should also let the jokes go, too. Although at times, I do think I have an additional gender that's a little bit squishier, I just don't feel it very strongly, or maybe it isn't squishy at all it's just that that's how faint it is. But eh, it does seem to come and go. I'm not feeling it now. PErhaps I should revisit my openness to the GF identity.

Someone needs to find a way to condense all these terms a bit or something.

Even I am a bit confused by some of them. As it is, both of those were new to me.

It sure aint gonna be easy for anyone to use them in casual conversation, or during introductions with random people.

New Threads

Top Bottom